Chapter 60: Broken Heart

(ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ: ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ • ɪɴᴛᴇɴsᴇ • sᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟ/ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs •  sᴀᴅ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ • 𝟷𝟾+)

Hanabi's P.O.V

All was quiet in my home as my father and I kept our gazes plastered on a piece of paper, a significant one that was covered from top to bottom with words. But they were words that grew horrifying the more I read on.

My lavender eyes slowly shot left and right across the page and each time I ran over a new word, I could feel my body grow shakier and shakier. My heart was beating so fast, I could feel the organ's rapid beat within my throat and hear it within my ears.

The grip that my two hands had upon my knees was harsh but such an action was one that I hardly paid any attention to.

I can't look away.

I can't bring myself to look away.

My eyes were stuck, plastered on the letter that my father held before me, a letter that my big sister's friend's left us in order to keep us in the loop of things.

But what I was reading was beyond anything I've ever imagined. I felt sick to my stomach.

I whimpered, my eyes continuing to take in the letter and all its entirety.

Dear Mr. Hyuga,

Hello, this is Temari. I want to start by cutting to the chase.

No longer are we, Sakura, Ino or me present in your residence. We have decided that we are done waiting around in worry when our friend is present elsewhere; all alone and scared. We want to help Hinata and we want to bring her home.

But I have bad news to share.

Hinata at this very moment is no longer in the hands of the demon, Naruto Uzumaki. But I wouldn't cheer just yet.

Hinata Hyuga has been abducted by a group of demon hunters, a deadly organization that is trained to slay demons just like Naruto.

I don't entirely know why she's been kidnapped but I believe these people have done so in order to lure demon Naruto to where they are.

The demon, in a very distraught state, came to us, well, more like popped up before us in your very home.

There on the spot, Naruto told us the entire situation. We were scared out of our minds to be confronted again by such a monstrosity but the demon truly only cared more about attriving Hinata back than harming us.

In fact, he didn't want to harm us at all.

He only wanted to inform us what had happened to our friend. But we saw the opportunity as a perfect way to finally fight back, to finally have a say in the matter and take this situation within our own hands.