Chapter 57: Vegenance

(ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ: ɢᴏʀᴇ • ᴠɪᴏʟᴇɴᴄᴇ • sᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟ/ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs • ᴠᴜʟɢᴀʀ ʟᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇ • ᴅᴀʀᴋ/ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ • 𝟷𝟾+)

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

Sasori's P.O.V

Tremble.

Shake - went the building I stood in as I faced my captain and his mindless subordinates, my brown eyes narrowed anxiously.

My body was tense because just long ago I had ordered the young girl, Hinata, to run away, to flee the dangerous area I resided in. But now, I had absolutely no clue where she was.

I don't know if telling her to do such a thing was the right move but..

Yahiko's motives are clear.

He means to kill the young girl and I simply cannot let that happen. So now, I stood without the one I sought to protect, facing the individual I used to look up to.

I used to follow without hesitation; without question.

But no longer. Those days are over. Ever since Konan was killed by Naruto's hands, something has changed in Yahiko. The person that stood before me was a being imbued with evil. And such evil was corrupting his mind, his heart, his soul which is why he is thinking so irrationally.

Yahiko in the past would never stoop so low and try to kill a defenseless human in order to complete his mission. Humans were sacred to him, just like they are to me. The whole purpose of us defeating and slaying demons is to protect humans from harm, from a force in which they do not understand.

So seeing his judgment now has really made me believe that Yahiko has gone bat-shit crazy and I need to do everything in my power to stop him, to sway his mind from doing the task he seeks.

A harsh gulp slid down my throat, beads of sweat steadily dripping down my pale face. My body was rocking nervously from afar as I had my eyes fixated on the four men in front of me, who all were eyeing me in disdain, disgust.

Such fools saw me as a traitor since I disobeyed their cause which only revealed how much work I have to do to convince them
otherwise.

I have to convince them to spare Hinata.

I let out a quick breath. "Yahiko, please. You have to reconsider this. She's just a young girl. She's only a teenager that has unfortunately gotten herself into demon business. This is not her fault. We have to find another-"

"No. I will not stand to listen to traitors." Yahiko only spat out with venom lacing his voice. He was certainly unmoved by his decision to kill the young girl but, I wasn't giving up.