Protection

Jake POV :
I froze on the spot because I wanted to kill James but if I did. He would slit Davina throat, killing her. If it was anyone else i would kill him but he was holding my future wife. I put the gun down " you win, James, okay, you win, just let her go" he said.
Someone men came into the room and looked at me "boss, Do you want us to kill him" James looked at Davina and "kill him" the guy held a gun to head. I saw the fear in Davina eyes, until one of the guys said "boss, isn't that Alexander daughter" They both looked at her and I remember the rules. If a family member from a dead mafia boss comes, they become there queen/king until death . "YES, yes she is, she is your queen, you don't ta-" I said but was interrupted by James "SHUT UP,KILL HIM" James yelled with angry. They both ignored him and looked at Davina, "don't kill him" Davina said "you don't have any prove" James said and was going to continue when a guy shot him a the head "but I do" I looked over at Davina and . "Uncle Ryan" She said confused.

Davina POV: 
       "Uncle Ryan" I said confused because I haven't seen him since my farther died. I went over and hugged him "I've missed you" he said as I hugged him. I didn't what to say but "thank you" I said as I pulled away. He nodded his head and looked at Jake "I'm guessing your the guy who is suppose to marry my sweet niece" he said. I could tell Jake got a bit nervous. "My name is Jacob" he said trying to act like he was not nervous. My uncle Ryan rolled his eyes "well Jacob, if I find out you hurt my niece or is using her for her power, I have you killed" Uncle Ryan said, he has always been like an second father to me but when James came into the picture. I lost full contact with him. He looked at me "you guys should go home, I'll take care of this" he said, I nodded my head with a smile. I said bye to me as me,Angel and Jake were leaving I turned around "uncle Ryan,when am I going to see you again" I asked hoping he would say soon but instead "not a while" he said. I nodded my head sadly but he said "but I'm always here, if you need anything" that made me smile, knowing someone was hear for me.

We got into the car, I sat in front with Jake, while angel sat in back. "Why did you do what he said"  angel asked. "Because he had a gun" I said annoyed at the fact he had to bring that up. "No need to get mad, it's just when he touched you, you seem use to it" he said. I felt my heart racing "just leave it alone, it's non of your business" I snapped. Jake didn't say a word, didn't even look at us, just focused on the road. "Did he hit you" he asked, It was pretty obvious but asked anyways. I started getting mad not because he asked just that I hate talking about it. I looked at him and said

"Yes, James Abused me since I was 14, he always touched me, is that what you want to hear. That James would constantly hit me over little things, that my own mother would just sit there and watch, that she started hating me because I was to difficult" I said, my eyes started to get watery. Angel didn't said anything after that, Jake put his hand on my thigh but I pushed it off and looked out the window until we got home.

When we got home, we walked in "Davina, we sh-" Jake was talking but interrupted him "just give me a minute" I said and went to my room. I closed the door and went on my bed. My knees were up to my chin as I cried. I got up  and went to  my closet, I grabbed one of my dad old shirts that I had. I hugged it as I sobbed my eyes out. My stomach started to hurt from how hard I was crying, I felt sick. Couple minutes pass and I started to fall asleep when I felt his arms around me, I knew it was Jake, just by his touch. I started to wake up "shshsh, baby,go back to sleep"he said in a soft tone. It gave me butterflies, I moved his hand,putting it around my waist. I got closer to him and fell straight to sleep. 

Jake POV:
        I watched Davina as she slept, she looked so peaceful. I knew she was crying before I came into the room. Her nose and around her eyes were red, I'm guessing her seeing James again brought some bad memories. I had a feeling James abused her but when I would bring it up she always denied it. I didn't want to jump to conclusions and start a fight, but I should have. I love this girl so much, I love her smile,her giggles and her dark side. When I met her she seemed so innocent but she has this dark,cruel side, I think it made me love her even more if that's possible.

2 hours later, Davina is sleeping on my chest and I was asleep, when I felt her moving her head and her little whimpers. I rubbed her back "hey,baby, wake up"I said softly. She breaths got heavier "no, stop please, I didn't mean it" she mumbled. I started to shake her "baby, wake up" I said. She woke up and looked at me, her eyes were glossy. I hugged her, she was crying into my shoulder "I don't want to go back" she whispered. I rubbed her back "I promise your not going back, James is gone, forever" I said. She nodded her head.
After I finally got her to calm down, we were cuddling. "I love you," I said for the first time,hoping she would say it back or something. She went silent.

Word count: 1056
HE TOLD HER,HE LOVES HER.