The ball

I went to my room and saw angel sitting there on the bed with 3 dresses. He had a smile on his face "don't looked so Sad, your going to ball" he said. "I don't want to go" I complained. "Just try the dresses on and Pick which one you like most" he said. I looked at the dresses. There was a black,red and a light yellow shade dress. I picked the black one. I went to the bathroom that was connected to my room and out the dress on.

I came out and saw angel looking at me

I came out and saw angel looking at me. "You look amazing" he said. I slightly smiled "we have to do your hair and makeup" he said. "Okay" I said softly. He gave a me a worried look "why don't you want to go to the ball" I sighed. "It's just, I don't know-" I was talking but stopped myself "it's stupid" I said. "Come on, tell me, maybe I can help" he said as he started to straighten my hair. "I'm new to this mafia thing, and there's going to be so many people, that know so much more then me. There all going to look at me and just see this normal, 18 year old girl, nothing special about her" I explained, that not the whole truth why I didn't want to go. "Don't be stupid, you are very special. Your Alexander Martinez daughter. Fear runs threw people veins when they hear that name" angel said trying to make me feel better. "Yeah, your right" I said. "Now enough feeling horrible about yourself and let start on your make up" he said. "Remember not-"I said but was interrupted by him. "Not to much make up, just a little bit" he said as he applied some light pink lip stick and some mascara. He knew that I didn't like makeup mostly because I never learned how to use it and at this point it seem useless. I put my high-heals on and went down stairs. As I went down the stairs I saw Jake in a fancy suit and looking at me. He looked at me like no one has ever done before, it made me nervous "you look...Gorgeous" I heard him say, it gave me butterflies. "You don't look that bad your self" I said with a smile. "She looks gorgeous because of me, I'm waiting for my thank you, or how I'm a amazing person" we heard angel say playfully. Jake rolled his eyes "you are an amazing person, angel and thank you" Jake told him. I couldn't help but laugh at them two, honestly sometimes I think I'm dating both of them.

Me and Jake got into the limo, after about 30 minutes, we finally got there. Jake got out and opened the door for me. I put my hand around his as we walked threw the bigs doors. "Remember, right now, you have all the power" Jake whispered in my ear. As we walked, I felt eyes look at us, it just made me more nervous. I looked at some of women there and it just made me wish I could look like one of them. They look like models while I'm over here a normal girl. A couple came up to us "it's nice to see you again, Jacob" a man said, "always a pleasure to see you Liam" Jake was talking but I wasn't paying much attention when I heard my name being brought up, that quickly caught my attention. "This is Stephanie, my fiancé" I got butterflies. Liam reached for my hand and I gave it to him "it's a pleasure to meet you Stephanie" Liam said as he kissed my hand. I nodded my head with a smile, not in the mood to talk. I just wanted to leave this stupid ball.

A few hours went by, when a women came up to us, "it's nice to see you again, Jacob" I could tell Jacob didn't like her. "What do you want" He asked in a serious tone, "I was wondering if you would come over to my place" she stopped for a couple seconds "and you know" she said as she put her hand on Jake shoulder. Jake took off her hand "I have a fiancé, Allison" he said annoyed. She rolled her eyes "come on, she doesn't have to know" she wined. "I'm not that person anymore, I've changed" Jake replied.
"Your fiancé is probably a little slut , Where is she anyway" she said. Jake was going to say something when o interrupted him "first, his fiancé is right in front of you, you would've known if you paying attention, second I'm not a slut, and if we're going to slut shame here, I think the slut in the room would be you" I said. I felt eyes on me, Allison looked over at Jake "she's perfect for you" "she is my queen".

A bunch of people started clapping. I looked at Jake confused, "it's was test" he said to me. I looked at him "I just called her a slut" I said in a calm, and confused tone. "She's my cousin" Jake replied. "I just called your cousin a slut" I've never really slut shame anyone but I got protective. Allison looked at me "it's okay, I get it, you were just protecting what is yours" She said to me. I nodded my head with a little smile.
We talked with Allison for a while, until Jake had to take care of some things and let's just say when he left it got awkward. I grabbed and sat down with a glass of champagne. I heard a bunch of women talking.

(Trigger warning/panic attack/abuse)
"His probably just using her"
"she so ugly, does she know there's a thing called make up"
"she suppose to be the mafia leader of  blood eye"
"there's no way, she looks nothing like Alexander"
"she would just ruined his name"
"I heard her step-father abused her"

I heard them talking, I started getting flashbacks. I felt like room was closing in on me, my heart racing. I felt this pit in my stomach, like I was going to throw up. I looked to side to side for an exit. When I found it, I got up and went outside.

Jake POV:
  I was talking with a family friend when I saw Stephanie walking out. She looked like she was going to have a breakdown. "Excuse me" I said and went to follow her.

I found her looking out to the stairs,trying to take deep breaths. I put my arms around her from behind, she jumped "it's just me, your okay" I reassured her. She nodded "just take some deep breaths" I told her. She sometimes would have panic attacks, they rare but when they did happen it was really bad. Her breathing calmed down, I turned her around, her face facing my chest. I kissed her forehead "it's okay, your okay" I told her. She laid her head in my shoulder. "Do you want to talk about it" I asked. "No" I heard her soft voice say. I told her that's fine and I didn't want to pressure her. We were out side for a while until I finally spoke again "we have to go back inside" she pulled away "do we have too" she asked. I know she hated being here, "yes, but I promise when we get home, we can cuddle and do whatever you want" I said hoping that would cheer her up. "Whatever I want" she said with a smirk. I immediately knew what she was thinking "whatever you want" I whispered in her ear, knowing that's was one of her turn on. "Well this party better end soon because I don't think I'll be able to wait" she said. "But first we have to dance" I said to her, I grabbed her hand and took her inside to dance.