Chapter 8

*Fight scene ahead*

NIYA'S POV:-

As I walked deeper into the forest, tears rolled down my face. I wished that Riya knew the truth about my mother. I had never told anyone about how my mother treated me. In her eyes, I was invisible, except when she had guests or needed to attend parties. In front of Riya, she pretended to care about me, but in reality, she did not.

My mother hated me because I reminded her of my father's infidelity with my stepmother. She had wanted custody of Riya but instead ended up with me. Despite my efforts to be a responsible kid and impress her by excelling in school and participating in activities, I eventually realized that she did not care about my achievements or efforts.

That infuriated me, so my anger led me to join the NCC in high school, where we received instruction in handling firearms and practicing drills. It was helpful in managing my anger because I was able to channel it into something productive.

Throughout my life, I have struggled with challenges. My mother provided me with material possessions and financial support, but what I really craved was love and affection, something that Riya had always had in abundance.

As I sat on a fallen tree, deep in thought, I told myself, "Niya, you're stronger than this. Let it go."

I had been out there for hours, and it was almost noon. No one was around. I couldn't believe what I told Riya, it was inappropriate for me to speak to her about her kids.

But I had hoped that she would come looking for me. I guess we are both stubborn. Should I go home? I was already too far into the woods. Maybe I should just wait a little longer or call someone for help.

"Yeah Mona" I can call her, and as I checked my pockets, I realized "Shit, I left my phone on the bed ". However, this location is tranquil and relaxing.

I guess no one will show up. I should go back. With that, I stood up and began walking until I heard someone yell.

"Help me, please help me" It was a girl my age being dragged by two guys.

"That's not how you treat a young girl mister," I said as I approached them. I know this is a stupid move but I'm still angry.

"Oh look what we've got here, Jay," the nasty-looking pale guy said.

"A girl, in fact, who will teach you both how to leave a girl alone when she isn't interested in going anywhere with you" 

"We have a fighter over here, Sean, ohh I'm so afraid of you" they both laughed.

Sean just stepped up to me with a cruel grin on his face, "I like this one, Jay, she's a feisty one, maybe we can keep this person too, the boss wouldn't object," he added as he grasped my hand in his.

"Get that dirty hand off of me, you scumbag," I yelled, tightening his grip on my hand. I flashed him a look that said, 'Game on, buddy.'

I used a technique I had learned to deflect his arm and redirect his momentum. I pressed his forearm against my collarbone and placed one hand above his elbow and one hand below it. With a strong movement, I swung my entire body around as if my arm were the hinge. In one swift moment, I got rid of him and now his head, ribs, and legs were wide open to my counterattack.

I didn't waste any time. I kneed him in the place where the sun doesn't shine bright, causing him to double over in pain. Then I took a hold of his neck from behind and banged his head on the tree, using the force of the impact to knock him out.

The second attacker attempted to throw a punch at me, but I was ready for him. I ducked and delivered a punch right above his abs, an area that is sensitive and would take some time to recover from. He stumbled backwards, and I took the opportunity to give him a head knock. He fell to the ground and hit his head on a stone, knocking him out.

 Till then the other one was on his feet and about to attack me when the girl hit him with a branch on the back of his head.

"Hmmph, that was awesome," the unidentified girl said.

"Yeah, I guess so, by the way, who are they and what are you doing here in this forest?" I inquired.

"Ahh!! My name is Cassie, and I live nearby the forest and these two were kidnapping me, and thanks by the way" Obviously she was being kidnapped, as if I hadn't noticed.

"Ohhh, I'm Niya " she gave me a toothy smile, this looks familiar though.

"I guess we should go back, you know, just in case they gain consciousness" She looked worried and it was obvious she just got kidnapped almost.

"Yeah let's go home" We turned around but these two guys were grunting and stood on their feet.

"Filthy little human" Jay is enraged.

"You wanna fight? Ok then buddy, let the fun begin" With that, I stood there with a grin on my face, unaware that it wouldn't last long.

Because the person in front of me growled, his bones cracked and shifted in different directions, and in a second, a wolf stood where the man was supposed to be. This is not acceptable.

"We need to run Niya" Cassie's voice trembled as she spoke.

A wolf jumped on me as we were about to run, and I screamed in agony as it sliced my arm; I bet one of my veins was cut because I was bleeding profusely. The wolf was right in front of me but I wasn't scared of it. 

It felt like I was looking directly into the eyes of death, but it didn't scare me, and that was what scared me. I was just looking at two wolves approaching me with bearing their teeth.

"Niya, get up and run" Cassie yelled, but I had no idea what to do. It was as if I wanted this, I wanted to die and this was my chance. What's wrong with me?

I snapped out of my trance when a black wolf leaped in front of me and was followed by a greyish wolf, both bearing their teeth towards to other two wolves.

My heart was pounding in my chest, sweat beads formed on my forehead, my head felt light and the entire world was turning around, the earth appeared ready to swallow me and sky appeared to be calling me, and the wind was carrying a message in the form of telling me the truth.

I felt a sense of déjà vu as if I had seen a man morph into a wolf before. Nothing worried me at the time; the reapers were in front of me, ready to tear me apart, and there were two reapers in front of me with their backs to me; were they protecting me? But why is that?

What exactly is going on? Is this a hallucination? The grey and black wolves tore apart the other two wolves. When I looked down at my arm, I saw that it was gushing freely; there was blood all over my body, my own blood.

I had the sensation that the world around me was spinning and that black specks were dancing in front of my eyes. I knew I was going to pass out right away. Will I be able to get through this?

Two arms lifted me and yelled at me, "Stupid!" Another voice ordered me to stay awake. But, you know what, I do whatever I want, so I did the most obvious thing I could think of: I slept.

____________________
------------------------------
Author's Note:-

Dear readers,

I just wanted to let you know that this chapter has been edited since its original posting.

I hope the changes have improved your reading experience and made the story more enjoyable.

As always, thank you for your support and for taking the time to read my work

If any mistakes please let me know

And please do vote

Thank you❣️

❣️🕊️PEACE🕊️❣️