Chapter 50

NIYA'S POV:-

My heart was pounding so hard in my chest that I could barely hear myself think as I ran through the dense woods, my feet pounding against the earth with each step.

The wind whipped my hair into my face, but I barely registered it as my mind was consumed by a single thought: I had to reach the light up ahead. It was my only hope of escape.

"Niya, run!" My Nani's voice was a distant echo in my ears as I pushed myself to go faster, my breaths coming in short gasps. I could feel the black figure behind me, its presence a constant threat that made my skin crawl.

Just as I was about to reach the light, the figure caught up to me, and I felt a feather-light touch on my shoulder. Panic consumed me as I realized I might never escape.

"Don't look behind you, Niya! Keep running!" Nani's voice was urgent, but it felt far away, like it was coming from another world.

Suddenly, I jolted awake, my chest heaving as I sat up straight in bed. It took me a moment to realize where I was, and when I did, relief flooded over me.

"Hey! hey!! It's me," Cedric's voice broke through my confusion, and I saw him approaching me with a glass of water.

I took the glass from him, feeling grateful for the support. The nightmare had been so vivid that I felt disoriented and shaken, but Cedric's presence gave me a sense of comfort and safety.

"Where am I?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

"You're in my room," Cedric replied, his eyes filled with concern.

"Okay," I said, taking a few deep breaths to calm myself down. The adrenaline from the nightmare still coursed through my veins, but I knew I had to push it aside and focus on the day ahead.

"Are you okay?" Cedric asked, his voice gentle and caring.

"Yes, thank you," I said, giving him a small smile to show my appreciation.

"Good. Well, get ready for the office," he said, turning around and walking towards the door.

I took another deep breath and got out of bed, feeling grateful for Cedric's support. The nightmare may have left me shaken, but I knew that with his help, I could face the challenges of the day ahead.

****

As we made our way towards the office parking lot, Blake's car caught our attention as it was parked right beside us. The warm sun rays had already enveloped the surroundings, and Blake stepped out of his car, taking a deep breath of the fresh morning air.

"What a lovely day," he murmured, his eyes flickering with joy.

I couldn't agree more and chuckled as he playfully stuck his tongue out at me. Cedric, on the other hand, was less amused and grumbled, "I feel like a father with two kids now," earning a collective eye roll from all of us.

But as always, I couldn't resist teasing him, and I whispered, "Well, you'll be a father soon enough." Cedric let out a groan, and Blake's ears perked up.

Suddenly, Blake came to a sudden halt, his eyes wide with shock as he bellowed, "What?"

I immediately tried to backtrack, stuttering, "Nothing." But it was too late. Cedric shot me a deadly look, and Blake had already engulfed me in a tight embrace.