Chapter 22

CEDRIC'S POV:-

The sun had barely risen when I woke up, hours before my alarm was due to go off. I lay in bed, feeling giddy as if it were the greatest Christmas morning I could ever imagine. Today was the day I would marry the love of my life, Amanda. The thought of spending the rest of my life with her filled me with joy.

Despite my excitement, my nerves kicked in early, and I had no appetite. I got out of bed and went to the window, looking out at the trees swaying in the breeze. The morning was calm and peaceful, but my heart was racing.

I met Amanda in fifth grade, and since then, we had been friends. In seventh grade, I asked her out, and we've been in love ever since. She had the most beautiful smile, mesmerizing eyes, a kind heart, and an amazing soul. Being with her made me feel like anything was possible.

Three years ago, I thought I had lost her when she told me she had found her mate and wanted to be with him. It broke my heart, but I let her go. I couldn't bear the thought of keeping her from the happiness she deserved. Then, after six months, I found out that she had lost her mate. I was there for her as she grieved, and our love for each other only grew stronger.

A year later, I proposed, and Amanda said yes. I remember the day vividly; we were hiking in the mountains, and I took her to a spot with a breathtaking view. I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me. Tears filled her eyes as she said yes, and I knew in that moment that I was the luckiest man in the world.

As I lay in bed that morning, memories of our journey flooded my mind. The ups and downs, the joy and the pain, had all led to this moment, and I was ready for whatever the future held.

I heard a knock on my door and turned to see my mother walk in. She looked at me with tears in her eyes and said, "I'm so happy for you, son. I can't believe you're getting married to Amanda." She placed her hand on my cheek, and I felt a surge of emotion.

"Mom, I can't believe it either," I said, my voice shaking with emotion. "I'm so lucky to have her in my life."

"You'll be an amazing husband, son," she said, and I felt a sense of pride wash over me. I knew I had big shoes to fill, but I was ready to give everything I had to make Amanda happy.

As my mother left, I got out of bed and prepared myself for the day. The whole day was a flurry of activity, as we prepared for the mating ball and the wedding.

The mating ball was a tradition in our pack, held every two years. It was a chance for the young wolves to find their mates or select one from the cursed pack.

We had been cursed by a witch, and she had told us that the curse would break if we brought mates together. The curse hadn't broken, but the mating ball had become a beloved tradition.

The room was buzzing with excitement as I stood in front of the mirror, admiring my outfit. "I can't believe it, I'm finally tying the knot with my fifth-grade sweetheart!" I exclaimed with a sigh.

Blake, Liam, and Xander were in my room, getting ready with me. Blake was fixing his tie while Liam had a mischievous smile on his face. Xander was lounging on the couch looking bored.

"You're one lucky dude, man. I'm happy for you," Blake said, patting my back.

"I'm scared though," I admitted, turning around to face my friends.

"Don't worry about it, bro. It's normal to be scared. When I got married to Lexi, I was scared too," Liam reassured me with a smile.

"Same here," Xander chimed in.

"So you guys are telling me that the big bad Alpha's and the Beta are scared of marriage" Blake laughed as I rolled my eyes.

"Wait till you get married, fighting a war would be easy than staying in your room." Xander slumped on the couch.