Chapter 59

NIYA'S POV:

"I was worried about you, Niya," Blake murmured, sinking onto the edge of the bed as I hastily sifted through my wardrobe.

"I'm fine, Blake. You needn't worry. My wounds have healed, and everything is going smoothly," my voice was muffled amidst the heap of clothes I had pulled out.

"I still can't believe everything that's happened. From now on, I'll be with you," I sensed Blake's presence behind me as I continued to clear my shelves of clothing.

"Okay, for now, just shoo away," I replied, not in the mood for an argument.

"What are you doing? Are you going somewhere?" I could imagine the furrow on his brow as he inquired.

"I can't find my phone," I sighed, finally looking up to see Blake hovering over me.

"Your phone is lying on the table over there," he pointed to a table near the bed.

"Not that one," I dismissed him, resuming my task.

"Niya, stop and speak to me. I'm confused," I halted, meeting his gaze, and opened and closed my mouth in thought.

"It's a burner phone," I sighed. Blake had been there for me every step of the way since I arrived, so I trusted him.

"I need to get in touch with someone, and I need my burner phone for it. But I can't find it anywhere," I ran a hand through my hair, growing frustrated.

"Are you looking for this one?" Both Blake and I turned toward a third person.

Cedric stood leaning against the door frame, legs crossed, a smug expression on his face.

"Where the hell have you been? It's been five days since I last saw you. And why is my phone with you?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Away for some work, and as for why I have this in my possession," he shrugged and casually walked into the room.

"How's everything at the office?" Cedric placed his hand on Blake's shoulder.

"I'll give you the details later. First, answer what the lady asked," Blake teased him.

"I found this in your suitcase," he pointed at the suitcase resting near the door.

"Why is my suitcase with you?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I couldn't find mine, and yours was lying there right in front of me, so I took it. As you can see, I was in kind of a rush," he tugged on his tie, and, God, that was hot.

"Like what you see?" He smirked, and I looked away from his hand that still rested on his tie.

"I'm right here in your presence. Can you not make this environment uncomfortable for me?" Blake groaned, I know he can sense it the shift around us. Something had changed between Cedric and me.

"There's no need for you to be uncomfortable because there's nothing happening over here," I pointed between Cedric and me. "And no, I don't like what I see because you're not worth liking for me," I gave Cedric a sweet, fake smile as I took my burner phone from him.

"Well, that can change," he smiled.

I noticed those tiny dimples. They were small but visible when you were close to him.

"Not in this lifetime," I retorted, flipped him off, grabbed Blake's hand, and started walking toward the door. I could hear Cedric's laughter as the door closed behind me.

"That's weird. Why is he acting like this these days? It's frustrating," I complained as we reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Hmm," Blake replied.