Chapter 11

CEDRIC POV:-

Everything was chaotic, Doctors and nurses were running in and out of her room, Xander and Liam had ordered the doctors to make her a priority, and Riya blamed herself.

"What is going on? Please help my sister doctor "Riya pleaded.

"Her heartbeat is decreasing, and because her body is in shock, this could be fatal," the doctor explained.

He entered the OT with a nurse following close behind. Riya stormed into the room, and we followed her.

"No!! Please! Niya, please don't do this to me. Please do not punish me in this manner "Riya was sobbing as she held Niya's hand.

As I sat in the hospital room, my thoughts kept drifting to the events that led up to this moment. Cady took Riya away from Niya, who was sobbing. Amanda, who was also crying, gave me a disgusted look. She argued with me, claiming that if we had returned Riya before the attack, she would have been safe.

Cassie apologised, blaming herself. "She would still be alive if she hadn't come to help me."

I was standing in the hospital room, staring at her body. Zach is whimpering in my head, cursing himself for being too slow. I approach her and take her hand in mine. "I'm sorry," I say, closing my eyes and praying to the goddess to heal her and allow her to recover as soon as possible.

I just stand there staring at her pale skin. Why am I feeling this way? I feel like I know you but don't know you. I turn around after retrieving my hand.

She hasn't woken up in two days. Riya pays her daily visits and apologises repeatedly. The doctors described her body's recovery from shock as a miracle.

We're relieved she's alive, but concerned that she's not waking up. We're eating breakfast in silence, and Amanda isn't saying anything to me.

"Where is Auntie, Mom?" Nydia and Dean inquired, their faces sad.

"She's in the hospital, babies," Riya said, her eyes welling up with tears. "Your Auntie has fallen and is injured."

"Are we able to see her?" Nydia cried.

"Of course you can, sweetie. We'll go visit her together as a family," Riya said, trying to comfort the children.

"But for now, let's finish our breakfast and then we can go to the hospital." Riya wiped Nydia's tears and kissed her.

"Is it because of me? You fought with her and she's hurt" Nydia sobbed.

"Why would you believe we fought, honey?" Riya was now attempting to console her.

"Because I heard you two fight and saw when you smacked her and she fled," Dean said, gazing down at his feet.

"Were you listening in, Dean?" Riya said pointedly. He didn't say anything. Riya grumbled and motioned for the children to go to their rooms.

"Good morning, everyone," Blake and Cassie said as they entered. Cassie appears to be well today, and as they sat with us for breakfast, Xander asked Cassie what happened and how she was taken away.

"When we were ordered to go to a safe place, I was hurrying to get there when I heard a child cry, so I followed the sound and found Bran, who was sobbing and hiding in some bushes. He told me that two rouges had chased him there. I instructed him to run towards the safe house, and I began pursuing him until I was tackled by two rouges in human form; I fought them, but they injected me with a small dosage of wolfsbane."

She gulped as she spoke. Blake placed his hand on her shoulder to assure her that she was secure, and she nodded and began her narrative.

"They dragged me through the woods. I couldn't mind link someone or fight since I was too weak, so I screamed for aid in the hopes that someone would hear me.