Chapter 40

NIYA'S POV:-

Baby, I'm preying on you tonight

Hunt you down eat you alive

Just like animals

Animals

Like animals-mals

Maybe you think that you can hide

I can smell your scent for miles

Just like animals

Animals

Like animals-mals

Baby, I'm

I woke up in a panic, my heart racing as I took in my surroundings. Beads of sweat covered my face as I tried to make sense of my surroundings - I was in my childhood bedroom at my mother's place. Beside me, Cedric let out a groan as he tried to turn off his phone alarm.

"Just turn that thing off," he muttered as he fumbled for his phone.

"Really? Animal? That's your alarm sound?" I asked, eyeing him curiously as I wiped the sweat off my forehead.

"Do you have any problem?" Cedric shot back, giving me a hard look with one eye open.

"I mean, it suits you," I shrugged as I began searching for my phone.

"Nightmare?" Cedric asked, noticing my sweating in the middle of winter.

I felt a shiver run down my spine as I recalled my dream. "Hmm? What?" I asked, trying to push the dream out of my mind.

"You're sweating, and it's winter," he pointed out.

"Just a bad dream," I replied, trying to convince myself that it was nothing.

"Hmm! Come on, go back to sleep. It's just 6 am," Cedric suggested as he pointed his phone screen in my face. I let out a deep sigh and decided to take his advice - I had a long day ahead of me.

I woke up at 7:30 am and decided to take a bath, but Cedric had already occupied the bathroom. As I rummaged through my closet, Blake walked into the room.

"Breakfast?" he asked as he plopped down on the bed, spreading his limbs like a starfish.

"We'll eat outside," I replied with a shrug, but I could hear the disappointment in Blake's sigh.

"Your mother's reason to hate you is ridiculous," he spoke his thoughts out loud and I clenched my fists in anger.

"I know, Nani was not bad. I don't know what problem mom had or has with her," I snapped, tossing a red top, blue jacket, and blue jeans onto the bed, accidentally hitting Blake in the face.

As I was about to answer Blake's comment, something inside me snapped. This all felt so familiar - it had all happened in my dream. I heard the bathroom door click open, and Cedric walked out, wearing nothing but a towel around his waist and another draped over his shoulder. I gulped and looked at Blake, wondering if he had any idea what was going through my mind.