Chapter 42

CEDRIC'S POV:-

Blake took a hesitant step forward, his face etched with concern. "Niya, it's me, Blake."

Niya's eyes widened in confusion as she looked from Blake to me. "Sorry, I don't remember you," she said, her voice shaking with uncertainty.

"Adiya, is this some kind of a prank?" Niya's tone was laced with fear as she turned to Adiya for answers.

Adiya moved closer, placing a comforting hand on Niya's shoulder. My wolf, Zach, growled low in my chest at the gesture. "Niya, Blake is your friend," Adiya said gently.

My heart sank as Niya's gaze landed on me. "And this guy over here is your husband, Cedric." Adiya's voice was bitter as she spoke my name.

Niya's eyes widened in shock. "Husband? It's impossible, how can I marry him? Where is Arjun?" Her voice was trembling as she spoke.

"Whose Arjun?" I couldn't help but ask, a gnawing sense of dread settling in my stomach.

Niya turned to Adiya, her eyes filling with tears. "Did I betray him?" she whispered.

"He's dead," Blake spoke, and I narrowed my eyes at him as he continued,

"He sacrificed himself for you." He gave her a small, sad smile.

Niya's legs buckled beneath her as she fell to the ground, shaking her head in denial. "No, no," she sobbed.

"But not before he betrayed you," Blake said through gritted teeth, his anger simmering just below the surface.

"I don't understand," Niya took a step backward, her eyes wide with confusion and fear.

Tension hung heavy in the air as we waited for someone to explain what was happening. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest as I watched Niya's world come crashing down around her.

Niya's innocent and naive nature made her vulnerable to deception. "Goddess, she's so innocent and clueless!" I thought to myself, watching her stand there, wide-eyed and confused.

"He betrayed you, but he sacrificed himself for you and the team," Blake said as he took a step forward with each word he spoke, his tone betraying his frustration.

"How do you know?" Niya shook her head in disbelief.

"Because you told me everything, Niya. About Khushi, about this...," Blake held the collar of Niya's shirt and tugged it lightly, drawing a growl from me.

"I'm going to kill him, friend or not," Zach growled, his fists clenched in anger.

As I took a step forward to pull Blake away from Niya, I noticed a scar on her chest. "How did you get that?" I asked, concerned.

"I don't know," Niya replied, her voice weak.

"I don't remember anything. Why is it?" Niya's eyes remained fixed on Blake as he smiled.

"You will remember, Niya. Adiya will help you," Blake said with a smile, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"They will pay, whoever did that to her," Zach growled, his eyes dark with fury.

"For sure they will," I growled in agreement.

"Cedric," Blake looked at me for confirmation.

"Fine, but after this, we need to talk, Adiya," I said, my voice stern.

"I know, but first let's focus on Niya. I won't run," Adiya spoke with confidence, and I knew she meant it.

"Niya, come here," Adiya called Niya towards her and made her sit.