Chapter 29

NIYA'S POV:-

As I walked into the room, Amanda cried out, "Look, she's back!" and ran over to hug Cedric.

"What the fuck have you done?" Cedric suddenly yelled at me, causing me to take a step back in surprise.

"What did I do?" I asked, trying to comprehend what was happening.

"Mom!" Amanda yelled, hugging Louise tightly.

"Oh, goddess! What happened to your face, Amanda?" Louise exclaimed in shock.

"She happened!" Cedric growled as he grabbed my arm and pulled me forward, his face inches away from mine.

"She looks like she's been stung by a thousand bees," Louise gasped, covering her mouth.

"What the hell did you do to her?" Cedric's angry breath fanned over my face, causing me to feel intimidated.

"I did nothing to her," I told him firmly, trying to hold my ground.

"Don't lie," Cedric sneered.

"I'm not, she's lying," I shot back, feeling a sudden surge of anger.

"No, you're lying!" Amanda yelled, taking a step back from me.

"And when would I do that to you? When I left, you were fine," I said, trying to defend myself.

"You mixed something in my face wash, 'cause I had a bath after you left and this happened," Amanda pointed to her blemished face, filled with large, angry-looking pimples.

"Oh god! I swear I didn't do anything to her," I exclaimed, feeling the weight of Cedric's grip tightening on my arm. "Cedric, you're hurting me!" I tried to pull away, but his hold on me only tightened. The tension in the room was palpable, and I could feel my heart pounding in my chest as the accusations continued to fly.

"Good, it should be hurting you like you're doing to us." He pushed my arm away, his grip no longer on me.

"I want her to pay. She needs to be punished," Amanda cried, hugging Cedric while looking at me with a wicked grin.

Cedric glanced at Xander. "Amanda, you decide what you want her punishment to be?"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Was he serious?

"Put her in the dungeon for two days," Amanda declared through her tears.

"What? That's absurd! I'm not going into any dungeon," I yelled in protest.

"Amanda, I think that will be too much," Liam sighed.

"No, it isn't. She deserves it," Cedric replied, and I felt my heart skip a beat.

"As the Alpha of this pack, I order you to put Niya in the dungeon," Xander commanded, his eyes glinting.

"F*** you guys, and f*** your Alpha order. I'm leaving," I said as I started to walk towards the door.

But Cedric wasn't letting me go so easily. He grabbed my hand and snarled, "Don't you ever disrespect our Alpha!"

I was terrified. My heart was pounding in my chest, and I felt like I was about to cry. I reached for the pendant that Jeveria had given me, which was tucked safely inside my sweatshirt.

That's when Steve walked in. "What's going on over here?" he asked, eyeing the tense atmosphere.

"She did this to Amanda," Cedric pointed towards Amanda's blemished face. "And when Xander ordered to put her in the dungeon, she disrespected him," Cedric explained, never taking his eyes off me.