Chapter 38

NIYA'S POV:-

"Guys, c'mon we're gonna miss our freaking flight!" I yelled, drumming my fingers impatiently against the shiny exterior of the limo.

"These dudes take longer to get ready than we do," Riya groaned, the sunlight casting a golden glow on her silky-smooth skin.

"And yet they say girls take forever to prep," she scoffed, but my attention was diverted towards the door.

Cedric sauntered out, dressed to the nines in a snug black shirt that accentuated his rippling muscles, teamed with black trousers and sneakers.

My heart skipped a beat as our eyes met, and I felt my cheeks flush with heat. I swallowed hard as he made his way towards me, his smug expression adding to his already undeniable charm.

'What is wrong with me?' I muttered under my breath, trying to shake off the daze I was in.

"You ladies have nothing better to do than watch us get ready, huh? We have work to attend to, unlike you," Cedric quipped, his eyes narrowing as they locked onto mine.

"I have work too!" Riya retorted, clearly peeved at Cedric's condescending tone.

"That was directed at me," I grumbled, rolling my eyes.

"Can you guys just cut it out and get in the car?" Blake grunted, gesturing towards the open door.

"Get inside," Cedric shook his head, taking charge of the situation as usual.

I slid into the car beside Riya and Blake, Cedric sitting directly in front of me. He was engrossed in a phone call, but I couldn't help but notice the way he stole quick glances in my direction.

The ride was silent, the tension palpable as we drove towards the airport. My eyes were fixated outside the window, my thoughts racing a mile a minute.,

Does she feel the same way about me? What if my mother doesn't approve? My mind was consumed with questions, my heart beating faster with every passing moment.

"What are you thinking about?" Blake whispered, his warm breath tickling my ear.

"Nothing," I shrugged, trying to keep my thoughts in check.

I glanced over at Cedric to find him already looking at me, his eyes narrowed as he noticed Blake's hand on my shoulder. I slowly snuggled towards Blake, resting my head on his chest, eliciting a low growl from Cedric as he turned his head to look out the window.

"You're going to get me killed," Blake whispered, his voice laced with amusement, and I giggled softly.

The rest of the ride was silent, the only sounds being the hum of the car's engine and the occasional rustling of our clothes. We finally reached our destination and joined the long queue at the check-in counter.

"I swear, I hate airports," Blake grumbled, his face etched with a scowl, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Tell me about it, these two are not even human," I yawned, glancing over at my sister and husband, who were engrossed in a work call.

"Well, at least one of them isn't," Blake chuckled, and I grinned, my heart fluttering as I thought of what was to come.

°×°×°×°