Chapter 34

NIYA'S POV:-

It had been four long months since my mother had disappeared without a trace. Every day had been a struggle, and each attempt to reach her had failed.

I sat at the kitchen table, sipping my tea and staring out the window, hoping she would return home. I picked up my phone and dialed her number, but it rang endlessly without answer.

"Mom, please pick up," I whispered, my voice filled with desperation.

But just like every other time, there was no answer. I sighed and got up, feeling hopeless and helpless. I had a training session scheduled for the day, so I quickly got dressed and left the house. Before closing the door, I double-checked the lock to ensure everything was secure.

As I arrived at the Colonel's office, I was greeted by a warm smile and friendly faces. The Colonel had been my mentor for a few years now, and he had always been tough on me during training. He believed in pushing me to my limits.

When I arrived at the Colonel's office, I was greeted by a warm smile and friendly faces. "Niya," the Colonel said, his voice deep and commanding.

"Colonel," I replied with a nod.

Colonel had always been tough on me during training, never allowing me to rest until it was absolutely necessary. But I knew he had my best interests at heart and wanted me to become the best version of myself.

He wasted no time and got straight to business. "Niya, today we're going to focus on close-quarter combat," the Colonel said, his voice commanding.

I nodded, feeling a sense of dread inside me. Close-quarter combat was one of the toughest and most physically demanding aspects of training. It required immense strength, agility, and quick thinking.

The Colonel handed me a set of gloves and said, "Put these on. We're going to start with some sparring."

I put on the gloves and stepped into the sparring ring. The Colonel was already there, waiting for me. He raised his fists, signaling that the training had begun.

The first few minutes were brutal. The Colonel was relentless, throwing punches and kicks at me with lightning speed.

I did my best to dodge and counter, but his movements were too fast for me. I stumbled a few times, and the Colonel quickly took advantage of my weakness.

"Come on, Niya! You can do better than that!" he shouted, his voice echoing in the gym.

I gritted my teeth and pushed myself harder. I focused on the Colonel's movements, trying to anticipate his next move. Slowly but surely, I began to hold my ground.

The sparring session went on for what seemed like an eternity. My arms and legs ached, and sweat dripped down my face. But I refused to give up. I kept going, pushing myself to my limits.

Finally, the Colonel signaled the end of the session. I collapsed onto the mat, feeling exhausted but proud of myself for making it through.

"Good job, Niya," the Colonel said, his voice softer now. "You're getting better every day." I smiled, feeling a sense of accomplishment.

******

I arrived at the base and quickly made my way to Bhatia's office, trying not to make eye contact with anyone on the way. Bhatia was waiting for me, looking stern as usual.

"Sir, did you call me?" I asked, standing at the doorway of the Colonel's office. He nodded, gesturing to me to come in and take a seat.

As soon as I sat down, he threw a thick file in front of me. I could feel its weight as I lifted it and opened it. The pages were filled with information about a girl named Khushi who was involved in drug trafficking and other illegal activities.