Chapter 28

NIYA'S POV:-

"I'm so nervous," I muttered, tugging on the sleeves of my shirt until they covered my trembling fingers.

"Don't worry, everything will be alright," Blake said, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him, my heart pounding in my chest.

Earlier that morning, Ronald had come to my room with news that the former queen was ready to meet us. Ever since then, I had been consumed with nervousness. What if she was strict? What if she threw me in the dungeon for no reason? But why would she do that?

Now, I sat in the living room with Blake, waiting for Luna to arrive. "Blake, I'm really scared," I said, my teeth chattering. He chuckled at my fear.

"Don't worry, she's not going to eat you alive," Blake said, soothingly rubbing my back. I couldn't believe how comfortable I felt with him.

"I know, but still," I shook my head, trying to calm myself down.

"Listen to the young man, I don't bite," a voice suddenly rang out from the staircase. My heart skipped a beat as I looked up to see the former queen descending the steps.

As the former queen descended the staircase, I couldn't help but feel a mixture of awe and fear. As she stood before me, her ageless beauty strikingly apparent. Her skin was smooth and flawless, without a single wrinkle or blemish to betray her age.

Her hair was a rich, dark shade of brown that cascaded down her back in waves, seeming to glow in the light. Her eyes were an icy blue, piercing and sharp, as though she could see into the depths of your soul with a single glance.

Despite her ageless appearance, there was something about her that made it clear she was not human. Perhaps it was the way she carried herself, with a regal air of authority that spoke to her immortality. Or perhaps it was the way her movements were fluid and effortless, as though she had all the time in the world to do as she pleased.

As she approached me, I could feel a sense of power emanating from her, like a palpable force that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

I realized then that this former queen was not to be underestimated, for she was more than just a mortal ruler. She was something beyond that, something eternal and unyielding. And in that moment, I knew that I was in the presence of a true immortal.

She wore a black shirt which was tucked inside her black pants, the only jewel she had was a finger ring, earrings, and a beautiful smile on her face.

"I didn't mean that," I quickly interjected as the woman approached us, her presence commanding attention.

"Have a seat," she gestured towards the couch and we sat down as she settled into the one opposite us.

"Thank you," I said, while Blake simply nodded.

"What brings a gamma and a human to my palace?" she inquired with a smile, as a server brought us tea.

"We're here because I need to know something," I explained, hoping that she could help.

"Hmm, and what might that be?" she sipped her tea, her eyes focused on me.

"You're familiar with the curse, I assume?" I asked, to which she nodded.

"I want to know how to break it," I said, my heart racing.

"Interesting," she placed her cup on the table. "And why do you think I know how to break it?"

"Because of the story you wrote, where you were granted knowledge of every curse," I said, my hope palpable.

"I see," she laced her fingers together. "Well, you should know that my knowledge is contained within those books you looked through."