Chapter 45

NIYA'S POV:-

*** 1 week later***

"Did you hear the boss's wife is coming to the office today?" Natasha whispered, her tone heavy with excitement. The mere mention of the boss's wife sent my heart racing at a breakneck pace. It felt like my heart was about to burst out of my chest.

"What? He's married?" I feigned surprise, hoping to mask the flood of emotions that were coursing through me. I looked around the table, attempting to appear nonchalant.

I had just started working at this company, and had already made friends with Natasha, Chris, Hela, Scott, Josephine, Lissa, Nyssa, and Daren.

We had been meeting every day during our break to have lunch in the cafeteria, and they had become my source of strength and support as I learned how things worked around here.

"I heard she's hot," Scott piped up, fanning himself dramatically. We all laughed, trying to ignore the elephant in the room.

"Guys, she's here! Look!" Nyssa nudged me, and I turned around and almost spit out my drink when I saw the boss's wife, striding confidently into the cafeteria.

Amanda?

"Do you know her?" All heads turned to me, and I felt like I was under a spotlight.

"Uh, yeah, she's a model, who doesn't?" I shrugged nonchalantly, taking a bite of my burger to distract myself.

"Oh yes! I've seen her in one of the magazines," Lissa chimed in, trying to keep up the small talk.

"It shouldn't be that shocking anyways. Barbie girl being a model, and handsome hunk being a CEO," Natasha gushed, ogling Amanda.

"Guys, we must eat and go back to work soon," Chris interjected, trying to redirect the conversation.

I was about to take another bite of my burger when my phone started ringing, causing me to groan in frustration. I reluctantly answered, bringing the phone away from my ear as Cedric's voice filled the room.

"Where are you? Why aren't you in your place?" Cedric barked, his voice booming through the speakerphone.

"Geez! Lower your buzz, Cedric," I whispered into the phone, and I could hear gasps of shock from my friends around the table.

Shit!!

I could hear the impatient tone in Cedric's voice as he barked out orders over the phone "Get your ass up here now, you need to order lunch for two," Cedric growled, his voice dripping with annoyance.

I could feel the tension rising in my chest as I tried to keep my cool. "What are you--" I started to speak, but quickly shut my mouth, realizing I didn't need to be a genius to figure out what was happening over there.

"I'm having my lunch, just send me a text with what you and your barbie want to eat and from where would you like it. I'll get you the lunch in 20 minutes," I informed him, trying to sound as professional as possible.

"Fine," he grumbled, his irritation still palpable through the phone.

I hung up the phone and let out a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. But I could feel the eyes of me, I turned to face my friends, only to see their eyes bulging out of their sockets and their mouths hanging open in disbelief.