Chapter 10

CEDRIC POV:-

The silence in the living room was palpable, even with seven people present. It felt as if no one was there, as everyone had been quiet for the past three hours.

"You should go and convince her to come home, Riya," Amanda finally broke the silence.

"No, I'm not going anywhere. She's a big girl and more responsible than me. She'll come back on her own," Riya replied, still upset about the fight and feeling guilty for slapping Niya.

"Riya, she's new here and this place is surrounded by a forest. She could get into danger," Amanda tried to reason with Riya.

"You don't get it, Amanda. If I go now and bring her back, she'll think it's okay to act like that. Mom has spoiled her enough. Our mom always gave in to her demands and never taught her any responsibility. That's why she ended up disrespecting her. That's the reason why Mom decided to send her to me, so I can teach her, I have to show Niya that her actions have consequence" Riya explained.

What Niya said to you wasn't correct, but you started it, Riya," Amanda pointed out. "She tried to explain that she didn't know Nydia was there, but all you did was yell at her."

I looked at Amanda, then at Riya. I knew they were both right. Niya had said something hurtful to Riya, but Riya had overreacted and slapped her. And now Niya was out there alone, possibly in danger but still what her behaviour was unforgivable.

"Cedric, say something," Amanda turned to me, hoping I could reason with Riya.

"Amanda, I think Riya is right. If she goes now to convince Niya, she'll just keep doing those things," I replied, and Amanda gave me a look of disbelief

"But seriously, I don't know what to do," I said, feeling overwhelmed. "I wish there was a way to help Niya without enabling her bad behavior. But I don't know how."

"I don't understand why you're acting as if she's robbed something or killed someone," Amanda groaned, frustrated.

"What if she flew away and went to the city, or if something bad happened to her?" I had no idea why Amanda was so worried about Niya.

"Perhaps it's best if she never returns," I sighed. She had hardly been here three days when she began picking fights.

"Don't say things like that, Cedric," Amanda chastised me.

"Amanda..." I was about to say something when Blake mind-linked us, speaking only one word: "rouges."

"Ladies, gather the children and proceed to the safe home," Xander directed.

"Why? What happened?" Riya appeared befuddled.

"Riya, rouges are on our territory," Cady informed her. We came to a halt as we prepared to go.

"What? Wait, wait, wait. What about Niya? She's out there somewhere, "Riya became terrified.

"Cedric, go find her," Liam ordered.

It was chaos as we stepped outside. There were a lot of rogues. I transformed into a wolf and was going to flee to find Niya when I was tackled by a rogue. I fought the rogue and tore his skin before breaking his neck.

As I advanced, I was encircled by other wolves. "This is going to be fun," I thought.

As I jumped on the wolf in front of me, another rogue wolf bit my hind leg. I shook my leg as I broke the wolf's neck, and they bounced off me, starting to tear my skin. I screamed in agony as another wolf bit my other hind leg.

Luckily, a greyish wolf came to my rescue. "Blake," I said, relieved, as I started to recover from the wounds. But I still had to fight off these rouges. Blake and I together killed almost twenty-five rouges.

"Cedric, I need to find my sister. She's been missing from the safe house, and my mother just mind-linked me," Blake was in a panic because he loves his sister and would do anything to protect her.

"Let's go. Liam has given me the responsibility of finding Niya, but these rouges cornered me here," I told Blake through the mind link.

We left the fighting ground and took off towards the forest. We found no trace of Niya or Cassie, but we were deep inside the forest when we heard a growl.

We ran towards the voice, and I knew that Cassie and Niya were together when I heard Cassie's panicked voice.

"We need to run, Niya," Cassie shouted.

"Blake, this way. I think Niya and Cassie are together," I mind-linked Blake, and he nodded.

I hit my hind legs with force to speed up. They are in danger, I need to keep them safe. But my heart skipped a beat when I heard an agonizing scream and Cassie yelling at Niya to get up and run.

I reached the site and saw Niya covered in her own blood and sitting on the ground. Two rouges were walking towards her, as if she was frozen in place.

For a person in a situation like this, their heartbeat would be racing, but Niya's was normal, as if she wasn't facing two reapers.

I jumped in front of her, with Blake beside me, growling and bearing our teeth at them. One of the rouges pounced on me, but Blake was quick enough to hold its neck and break it. The other rouge tried to run, but I bit its hind leg and swiftly tore its stomach. It was howling in pain, so I decided to give it a quick death and broke its neck.

I shifted back and put on the clothes that we had hidden among the branches of the tree. Niya was on the brink of fainting, so I held her so she wouldn't hit her head. She had lost a lot of blood.

I lifted her in my arms and began walking towards the house. Cassie kept yelling at her to keep her eyes open as I told her she was stupid not to run. She closed her eyes slowly, and her heartbeat slowed.

"We must act quickly, Cedric. I'll mind-link the pack doctor and request that they prepare the operating room "I nodded to Blake and began running towards the house.

When we arrived at the hospital, the doctor took Niya from my arms and placed her on a stretcher. I felt something wet on my cheeks and wondered why I was crying while looking at her.

I sat on the bench and noticed Riya, Xander, Liam, and Blake approaching me. While we waited for the doctor, I asked Blake about Cassie. He informed me that they were investigating her. We rushed to the doctor as he emerged from the operating room.

"Her body went into shock after losing a lot of blood. I apologise "The doctor then left.

"What exactly does he mean?" Riya was sobbing now, and Xander caught her before she fell to the floor.

I didn't mean it this way when I said I hoped she wouldn't return. Please heal her, moon goddess. I prayed quietly as tears threatened to fall.

____________________
------------------------------
Author's Note:-

Dear readers,

I just wanted to let you know that this chapter has been edited since its original posting.

I hope the changes have improved your reading experience and made the story more enjoyable.

As always, thank you for your support and for taking the time to read my work

If any mistakes please let me know

And please do vote

Thank you❣️

❣️🕊️PEACE🕊️❣️