Chapter 46

NIYA'S POV:-

Adiya's voice was filled with eagerness as she addressed Matt and Veronica, "So are you guys ready?" They exchanged a look of apprehension before nodding their heads in agreement.

Veronica sighed heavily, her eyes flickering with uncertainty as she placed her hand in Matt's, seeking comfort and reassurance.

Adiya cautioned them, "It will sting a little," as she made a precise cut on their palms, allowing their blood to trickle into the vessel. I watched in horror as the crimson droplets mingled together, wondering what kind of unholy ceremony we had stumbled upon.

"What will happen next?" I whispered to Blake, my voice barely audible over the sound of my hammering heart.

Blake's expression mirrored my own as he shrugged helplessly, equally unsure of what to expect.

Adiya began chanting in a language I couldn't comprehend, her voice growing louder and more intense with each passing moment. Suddenly, a surge of energy pulsed through the air, causing the book to glow with an unearthly light that made my skin crawl.

As the pages of the book turned on their own, I felt a shiver run down my spine, my body trembling with fear and anticipation. The wind picked up around us, whipping my hair into my face as I tried to make sense of what was happening.

"Guys, what's happening?" I yelled, my voice rising with panic, but my words were drowned out by the sound of Adiya's spellcasting.

The wind grew stronger and more ferocious, threatening to knock us off our feet, before finally coming to an abrupt halt. In the eerie silence that followed, I watched as Adiya, Veronica, and Matt ran towards me, their eyes wide with shock and disbelief.

I held my hand out to stop them, but as they reached me, something unimaginable occurred. They passed straight through me, leaving me feeling cold and empty as if a part of my soul had been ripped away.

"What the hell?" I cried out, my eyes widening in disbelief as I turned to look at Blake, who was holding my unconscious body.

They were speaking to me, their lips moving frantically, but their words were lost amidst the cacophony of voices emanating from the book. Without thinking, I placed my hand on the page, feeling a surge of energy course through me as I closed my eyes and surrendered to the unknown.

When I opened my eyes, I was greeted by a brand new world, unlike anything I had ever seen before. The sky was a brilliant shade of blue, and the air hummed with the energy of an unknown magic. The ground beneath me was soft, like walking on a cloud.

The others had disappeared, and I was alone, lost in a world that was both enchanting and terrifying. I couldn't help but wonder what had become of my friends and if I would ever see them again.

I looked around in confusion, trying to make sense of her surroundings. As I did, a girl with a warm smile approached her.

"I see you here," the girl said, her big eyes shining with curiosity.

"Do you know me?" I asked, studying the girl's face.

The girl shook her head. "No, I don't think so. Unless you're a ghost, of course," she added with a playful grin.

"What? Ghost?" I asked, looking down at my hands in disbelief. I gasped as I realized that I could see right through my own hands.

The girl giggled. "Oh, poor you! You don't even know you're dead." she pouted and touched me but her hand went through me.

"Fuck," I exclaimed, startled by the sudden realization. I shook my head, still trying to come to grips with what was happening.

"Girls aren't allowed to curse out loud, that's bad manners you know?" She furrowed her eyebrows. Damn, she's so sweet like a candy.