Chapter 32

NIYA'S POV:-

As I descended the stairs for breakfast, my heart sank at the sight of Liam and my sister entangled in a passionate embrace. Despite his admirable qualities, Liam was a married man and I couldn't help but lament my sister's poor judgement.

How could she disrespect his wife, Lexi, and their children like this? It was a situation I couldn't interfere with, for Lexi already knew.

As I approached the breakfast table, I was taken aback by the sight in front of me. The devil himself was seated there with his bitch and herher hands were shamelessly caressing his thighs.

It was too much PDA for my liking. Just then, my attention was diverted when I saw my friends, Blake and Samantha, entering the house walking towards us.

"Hey, what's going on here?" Blake asked, a concerned look on his face as he surveyed the scene.

"Just another day in paradise," I replied, trying to sound nonchalant despite my discomfort.

Then Samantha greeted me with a warm hug, and I reciprocated.

"Hey, why did you leave early yesterday?" Samantha inquired.

"I wasn't feeling well, so I had to leave," I replied with a smile.

But the truth was, I couldn't remember anything from the previous night. All I could recollect was drinking whiskey and dancing with Samantha on the dance floor. After that, everything was a blur.

I noticed Cedric was acting strangely and avoided making eye contact with me. In the morning, I woke up to find myself in bed, while he was sitting on the couch staring at me, which made me uneasy.

Is everything okay, Cedric?" I asked, trying to break the awkward silence.

He hesitated for a moment before replying, "Yeah, everything's fine. I just...had a lot on my mind."

"Hey, why are you blushing? What brings you here so early in the morning?" I asked Sam, wiggling my eyebrows mischievously.

Sam blushed even deeper and hesitated for a moment before finally replying, "I didn't go home last night. I was with Blake."

I coughed to hide my smirk, knowing full well what Sam meant by that. Blake, on the other hand, shot me a sharp look.

"Anyway," Sam said, trying to change the subject, "let's go say hi to Amanda and the others." As she walked away, Blake grabbed my hand and pulled me aside, looking serious.

"Hey, slow down, buddy," I gently pulled my hand away from Blake's tight grip.

He looked at me with a mixture of worry and anger, and I knew I was in trouble. "Where did you go last night?" he asked again.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. "I told you, I wasn't feeling well, so I left early," I replied, my voice shaking slightly.

Blake's eyes narrowed as he continued to scrutinize me. "But why didn't you answer my calls?" he pressed.

"I don't know, Blake," I said, feeling the frustration building inside me. "Maybe I didn't hear the phone ringing."

"Niya" I know he won't stop pestering me until I tell him the truth.

I felt a wave of nausea wash over me as I tried to recall the events of the previous night. "I don't remember," I admitted, feeling embarrassed and ashamed.

"Nothing at all?" Blake's eyebrows furrowed.

"Nothing," I shook my head.

"I saw you dancing with Matt, and you guys were quite close. I was making my way towards you when I saw Cedric pull you away from Matt. After that, I lost sight of you. I called you, but you didn't answer," Blake recounted, his concern etched on his face.