Chapter 62

NIYA'S POV:

In car, Blake turned to me, his hand gently resting on mine. "You ready?" he asked, his gaze holding a mix of concern and support.

I had read the book Blake gave me two days ago. The revelations had shaken my world. It was a surreal realization that everything I thought I knew might not be the truth. Cedric's words echoed in my mind-his world, a realm teeming with magic and immortals, where I stood insignificant. Life had never been a straight path for me, its like a roller coaster, full of unexpected twists.

"I have to be. We need to sort things out," I replied with a sigh, feeling the weight of what lay ahead. Blake understood and nodded in agreement. As we settled in, an unexpected addition appeared in the backseat, none other than Cedric.

"You're seeking clarity, huh? Seems someone might end up missing a hand," Cedric's tone was deceptively sweet before he playfully growled at Blake.

Blake chuckled and playfully brushed off Cedric's antics. "Trust me, this hand is crucial. My future wife is counting on it," he teased Cedric with a wink, earning an eye roll from his best friend.

"Sorry, Cedric, I forgot. You probably won't get it since your wife won't even let you sneak in a kiss," Blake quipped, causing Cedric to groan in response.

"Hey, ease up, Blake," I lightly nudged his shoulder, chiding him for his teasing.

"Aww, are you defending him now? Is there something I should know about?" Blake teased, his eyes dancing with mischief as a playful smirk played on his lips.

"Shut up, Blake. And you," I pointed at Cedric, frustration lacing my words, "Get out, we have urgent work."

"No can do, I'm coming with you, and nope, I'm not letting only you two go." Cedric lounged comfortably in his seat, crossing his arms defiantly. Blake shot me a knowing look, and I simply sighed, knowing that arguing was futile.

"Fine, but don't cause trouble," I finally relented, my tone firm as I directed Cedric.

"Trouble? Me? Never," Cedric's smirk betrayed his words. He reclined in his seat, arms still folded, his confident demeanor indicating that he had no intention of being cooperative.

Blake focused on maneuvering the car, trying to maintain peace between us. The sunlight streamed through the window, casting shifting patterns across the car's interior as the vehicle moved toward our destination. The tension simmered within the confines of the car, and a sense of unease lingered in the air, overshadowing our urgent task ahead.

****

We walked into the cabin located in the center of forest, sun had dipped and the moon was in the sky. The cold breeze made me shiver and goosebumps erupted on my skin. I felt warmth and I realized that there is jacket covering me.

I turned behind to look at the person who had taken his jacket and gave it to me. He smiled at me which gave me butterflies in the stomach.

"You're cold" he shrugged as if he knew what I was about to speak.

"Thanks" I smiled back at him and he nodded.

"Aww!! So romantic" Blake fanned which earned him a hit on his head.

"Let's go" I laughed at their attics.

We knocked at the door and then the door opened as if to welcome us. I looked at Blake and Cedric who had a frown on his face.