Chapter 19

NIYA'S POV:-

I didn't want the sun to rise, I just wanted the darkness to linger a little longer than usual. Why not? I didn't want to go anywhere with Cedric, even if there were eight other people going. He was so rude and arrogant, I couldn't believe Amanda was able to handle being with him.

But alas, my peaceful slumber was interrupted by a persistent shaking. "Hello, Miss. Wake up," a voice called out. No, not just any voice. The voice of the one and only Cassie, sister to the great Blake and expert wake-up call giver.

I groaned and tried to roll over, hoping she'd get the hint and leave me alone. But Cassie was like a leech, determined to stick around and drain all my energy. "Wake up, Niya," she continued to annoy me with her irritating voice.

"Shush, go away," I grumbled, pulling the covers over my head. But Cassie was persistent, like a mosquito that just won't leave you alone.

"You need to get ready, Niya. We have to go to the mall," she insisted. The mall? On a Saturday morning? No way. I'd rather face a horde of undead zombies than spend my weekend at the mall.

But Cassie was relentless. "Take this and pour it on her," she instructed someone else. Oh no, she wasn't going to douse me with cold water, was she? I'd rather navigate through a field of landmines, or have a tooth pulled without anesthesia than be drenched in icy water on a Saturday morning.

I shot out of bed, ready to defend myself. "Okay, I'm up," I surrendered, raising my hands in surrender.

"Wow, nice timing there, Niya," Cassie chuckled as she patted my shoulder. Cady and Amanda giggled along with her.

"What's so funny?" I narrowed my eyes at them, but that only made them laugh harder.

"That's cute," Amanda chuckled as she pulled my cheeks.

"Ewww, why would you do that?" I rubbed my stinging cheeks, trying to escape her grasp.

"You look absolutely adorable when you do that eye thing," she exclaimed as she lounged on my bed, her feet in the air like she was on a chaise lounge.

I couldn't help but chuckle at her dramatics. "Seriously, what are you girls even doing here? Don't you have your own beds to hog?" I was just about to sink back into my own cozy nest when Cady interrupted me.

"Oh no you don't, missy," she declared, yanking the quilt away from me with a flourish. "Time to get up and get moving. We've got a mall trip and a bridesmaid dress fitting on the schedule for the day."

I let out a groan. "Is my presence at the dress fitting really necessary? Do I really have to subject myself to all that girly frill and lace?"

"Yes, Niya," Amanda piped up from her spot on my bed, now snuggled up in the fetal position. "You need to try on a dress too. It's not every day you get to be a bridesmaid, you know. And think of all the Instagram opportunities!"

"But I already have a dress," I protested, opening my wardrobe to survey my options. "I'll just wear that one."

"Uh-uh, no way," Amanda chuckled. "You're wearing a bridesmaid dress. And trust me, you'll look absolutely fabulous in it. It'll be like a fashion show for your Instagram followers."

I froze in my tracks, my eyes wide with shock. "What do you mean, a bridesmaid dress? Me? You've got to be kidding."

"Please don't say no," Amanda begged, giving me her best puppy dog eyes. All I could think about was her transforming into a wolf and pulling the same face.

It's not my fault - she's a wolf, after all. "I can't," I sighed. "We're not even friends."

"Come on, I need girls on my side for the wedding," Amanda pleaded. "I don't have many of them. Please, be a dear and say yes. You'll be saving me from a bridal party full of dudes."