Chapter 24

NIYA'S POV:-

It's almost a week, and I felt like a ghost haunting the pack grounds. No one seemed to acknowledge my existence, and it was as if I didn't exist. Even when I tried to strike up a conversation, my words fell on deaf ears. I started eating my meals late, just so I wouldn't ruin anyone else's mood.

Cedric was preoccupied with taking care of Amanda, who had recently recovered from her fake injuries. Steve and Louise had left for a meeting and wouldn't be back for a week. Even Blake, my only friend over here, was ignoring me. When I asked him if he trusted me, he didn't answer. The hurt was palpable, and I felt lonely and isolated.

As I walked into Cedric's room, I saw Amanda sitting on the bed. She smirked at me, and I felt my blood boil. "Bitch," I scoffed, unable to control my anger.

"What did you say?" she narrowed her eyes at me, trying to intimidate me.

"Me? Nothing," I replied, putting on an innocent face. I knew Cedric was in the bathroom, and I didn't want to risk anything.

"Stay away from this room," she said, a wicked smile forming on her face. "Because we are going to have fun tonight."

I felt disgusted, and the thought of them together made me want to vomit. "As if I care, and you know very well I'm not interested in him," I retorted.

I picked up my phone and some other essentials and left the room. As I walked through the pack grounds, I came across the library. "I forgot about the research," I facepalmed myself.

Two guards stopped me as I approached the library entrance. "Sorry, no one is allowed to enter the library," they said.

"Why not?" I batted my eyelashes, trying to persuade them.

"It's the personal library that belongs to our pack. Only Alpha, Beta, and Gamma are allowed to enter," they said firmly.

"Hmm, let me see," I crossed my arms and pretended to think. "I'm married to your Beta, so what does that make me?"

"The Female Beta," one guard answered.

"See, that makes me a Beta," I shrugged.

They looked at each other, and one of them nodded in approval. I placed my palm in front of them, and they handed me the key. "You guys can leave," I ordered them, and they left.

"Wow, the perks of marrying that asshole," I chuckled to myself.

I opened the lock and entered the library. The place was exactly as we had left it. I walked towards the shelves and picked up a book, hoping to find something useful. I went through four books, but still found nothing.

As I looked at the clock, I realized it was already 9 pm. "God, it's been six hours," I sighed and got up.

As I walked out of the library, I looked at the key and then at the lock. The guards didn't come near the library; they guarded the place from afar. I gave the key to the guard and walked away. As I reached Cedric's room, I heard moaning and groaning. I felt disgusted, but I knew it was none of my business.

I decided to visit my old room, so I could sleep peacefully on the bed. I was so happy as I walked downstairs, but when I tried to open the door, it was locked.

"What the fuck," I cussed under my breath.

"What should I do now?" I sighed and walked down to the kitchen. As I opened the fridge, I saw nothing but raw vegetables and milk. Nothing was cooked, then I heard voices.

As I walked out of the kitchen, the sound of laughter hit me like a ton of bricks. It was the Alpha brothers and their wives, my sister, Blake, Cady, Cassie, Lucas, Tyler, Samantha - everyone I considered family.