Chapter 15

NIYA'S POV:-

I can feel the excitement building. There's something special about seeing a movie on the big screen, with surround sound and a huge audience.

I turn to Blake, who's already munching on some popcorn. "Do you ever get that feeling of anticipation right before a movie starts?" I ask him.

He nods. "Oh yeah. It's like waiting for a rollercoaster to start. You know it's going to be a wild ride."

I grin, feeling the same thrill. "And with this crowd, I bet it's going to be even better."

We look around the theater, taking in the buzz of activity. There are couples cuddling up in the back rows, groups of friends laughing and chatting, and families settling in with their snacks.

As the lights start to dim, I settle into my seat, feeling the rush of excitement. But as the previews begin, I start to feel a bit distracted. I turn to Blake and nudge him with my elbow.

"Hey, Blake," I say.

"Hmm, what?" he replies, looking at me quizzically.

"Why are we here in the cinema instead of just watching this on Netflix?" I ask, gesturing towards the screen feeling uncomfortable with my environment.

"It wasn't my idea, Niya," he says, looking sheepish. "Amanda wanted to see it, so we all decided to come."

"Well, thanks for the invite," I say sarcastically, but I can't help but smile. I always enjoy hanging out with Blake, even if he can be a bit annoying sometimes.

As we wait for the movie to start, I can't help but notice all the couples around us. They're all snuggled up and kissing like there's no tomorrow.

"Looks like we're in the Kissing Booth, not the cinema," I say to Blake, nudging him again.

He grins. "I told you it'd be a good show."

I roll my eyes. "You're such a devil, Blake."

Finally, the lights go down and the movie starts. I'm relieved to have something to distract me from all the PDA happening around us.

But as the movie progresses, I start to feel more and more agitated. The couple next to us is getting pretty handsy, and it's hard to concentrate on the movie with all their moaning and groaning.

"Blake, can we switch seats?" I ask, feeling annoyed.

"No way," he says firmly. "I want to watch the movie."

I huff and cross my arms. "I can't believe we're actually watching this in a theater. We could have just watched it on Netflix at home. Well, can you at least ask them to keep it down?"

Blake just laughs. "Niya, they're just enjoying an adventure. Don't be such a prude."

"An adventure? More like a public nuisance," I mutter under my breath

"Come on, Niya, where's your sense of adventure?" Blake teased, nudging me with his elbow.

"I have plenty of adventure, thank you very much. I just don't see why we need to watch a movie in a crowded theater with a bunch of strangers," I replied, trying to keep the irritation out of my voice.

"Well, it's not just any movie. It's the latest romance movie and it's meant to be seen on the big screen," he argued.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever," I muttered. I groaned and leaned over to Blake.

Blake laughed and put his arm around me. "Hey, at least they're providing some entertainment," he teased.

I playfully shoved him away. "I don't need any entertainment, I just want to watch the damn movie," I grumbled.