Chapter 52

CEDRIC'S POV:-

Who knew one snap and my whole world would crash down, my whole life feels like a lie. One snap is all to show me the truth.

******

"Cedric Smith," I swiveled around as a beautiful girl walked towards me. Her name was Amanda, and I smiled at her as she joined me.

"Amanda," I replied, returning the smile.

Blake, our friend, interrupted us. "Don't you have classes to attend?" he asked Amanda.

Amanda tossed her hair over her shoulder, a mischievous glint in her eye. "Not this hour. Cut me some slack, Blake. It's our first day back after summer vacation."

Blake loved to tease Amanda, and he was at it again. "But I love to tease her," he chuckled, and Amanda playfully smacked his shoulder.

"I'm excited to start high school here," Amanda said, her eyes sparkling.

"I don't understand," Blake pointed a finger at her, "why you transferred to our school when you had an opportunity to study in Paris."

"Paris can wait," Amanda shrugged. "I've been away from you guys for too long. I want to spend my high school years with my best friends."

Blake pretended to gag. "Eww! Stay away from me, that's disgusting," he teased as Amanda hugged him.

"I'm not that bad," Amanda pouted and crossed her arms.

"Stop being mean to her, Blake," I interjected, laughing as I playfully hit him on the shoulder.

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry," Blake said, pulling Amanda into a hug.

"Don't cry, come here," he cooed, and Amanda giggled, squirming away from him.

The atmosphere was filled with laughter, teasing, and happy memories, as we sat outside the school, reminiscing about the old days.

Amanda, my childhood friend who had been away in England, had returned to attend high school with us instead of graduating from a prestigious school in Paris. We were overjoyed to have her back and couldn't wait to catch up on lost time.

Suddenly, a hand was placed over my eyes, and I knew exactly who it was. Her alluring giggle sent shivers down my spine.

"I can tell it's you," I spoke playfully.

"Then tell me who am I?" The person  asked seductively as I turned to face her.

"My life," I whispered.

I took her hand and pulled her in front of me, staring into her mesmerizing eyes.

"Aw, how did you know it was me?"

"I could never mistake that sweet voice of yours" pulling her close. Our lips met in a passionate embrace, making my heart race faster.

"I missed you so much," I whispered as I held her tightly.

"I missed you too, baby," she replied, her eyes sparkling with love.