Chapter 35

NIYA'S POV:-

*** 5 months later***

As I walked towards the room where most of the systems were kept, my heart was beating fast with anticipation. But before I could reach my destination, strong arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me into a nearby room. I gasped in surprise, but then I recognized the familiar scent of Arjun's cologne.

"Arjun, what are you doing?" I asked, trying to sound annoyed, but secretly thrilled by his unexpected embrace.

"Shh, Khushi," he whispered, pressing a finger to my lips. "I wanted to surprise you."

My heart fluttered as he leaned in, his eyes searching mine with an intensity that made me weak at the knees. And then, without warning, his lips were on mine, soft and warm and filled with a passion that took my breath away.

We pulled apart, our eyes locked in a heated gaze. "I missed you," he murmured, his hand trailing down my arm.

"I missed you too," I replied, feeling a warm flush spread through my body.

"Do you think we should tell everyone about us?" I asked, feeling suddenly nervous.

Arjun hesitated, his forehead creasing with concern. "I don't know, Khushi. It's complicated. But what I do know is that you're the most important thing in my life right now. I don't want to risk losing you."

My heart swelled with emotion as I gazed into his deep brown eyes. "I feel the same way," I whispered, reaching up to stroke his cheek.

He leaned in, capturing my lips once more in a kiss that left me breathless. And as we pulled apart, I knew that our love was worth keeping a secret. For as long as we had each other, nothing else mattered.

"And khushi, what we have should be our own secret. We can't let our relationship be a threat to us" he sighed as he cupped my face.

"I like you and you're one of my weaknesses and strengths. I can't put you at risk"

"I understand" I smiled at him and peaked his lips for one last time before parting our ways.

On my 19th birthday, Arjun approached me for a date. And we went out a few times, it's been 6 months and 15 days since we started dating.

*****

"Khushi, if you don't get into the server soon then you'll be shot right here," Mikhail hissed, his eyes piercing into mine as he pressed the gun against my forehead.

My hands trembled as I tried to type in the password, but my mind was in a blur. Mikhail was notorious for his ruthlessness, and I knew that if I didn't get access to the server, my life would be over in an instant.

"I need more time, Mikhail," I pleaded, my voice trembling as the cold metal of the gun pressed harder against my skin.

"I give you two days," he growled, his eyes unrelenting as he backed away, leaving me alone in the dimly lit room.

I felt a wave of fear wash over me, knowing that two days would not be enough time to crack the security codes of the company's server. I had Iyan, a hacker, with me, but even he was struggling to find a way in.