Chapter 60

NIYA'S POV:

"I don't get it. How?" Veronica's voice trembled with confusion.

Arrogantly, he retorted, "If you all were a bit sharper, you wouldn't have shot Niya, huh?"

"Is this some twisted prank, Niya? Did you bring in someone who looks like Arjun just to mess with us?" Khush raked his hand through his hair in frustration.

With an air of nonchalance, he lit another cigarette, exhaling smoke before speaking. "As I said, fools," he remarked, relishing the moment.

Veronica turned to me, her eyes pleading for an explanation.

"Maybe Arjun should take the lead in explaining," I suggested, turning to face the person we thought was dead but now stood in front of us, grinning mischievously.

"Well, as you can see, I'm not six feet under. I'm alive, but not in the human sense. Truth be told, I haven't been human for quite some time," Arjun admitted, adding to our confusion.

"You're not exactly making things clearer," I sighed in frustration.

Arjun shrugged, implying it was up to me to unravel the mystery. "Why don't you shed some light, since you're the one who invited me here?"

"Okay, let's start with introductions and the information I have," I offered, hoping to bring some clarity to the bewildering situation.

"Please, because right now, my head feels like it's ready to explode," Khush remarked irritably, with Veronica nodding in agreement.

"Guys, meet Noah, but we know him as Arjun. I met him like I met you, Khush, in Cedric's office. But back then, I was having a weird moment and didn't recognize him at first. Later, I found some pics of Cedric and him, so I got curious," I explained, trailing off into an intense silence.

"How can he be alive? We all saw the video of his death. I'm sure he was dead," Khush pulled at his hair, looking to Ivan for confirmation.

"Yeah, we all saw it, and I analyzed the footage. It wasn't doctored," Ivan affirmed Khush's observation.

"How can a dead man still be dead?" Arjun smirked and glanced at me. "You've got some explaining to do to these fools," he chuckled.

In a blink, Arjun moved lightning-fast, gripping Khush's neck. Khush found himself pinned against a tree, feet away from his original spot, baffling everyone.

"What the hell?" Veronica's scream filled the air as she rushed to Khush's aid.

"Let him go, Arjun," I said calmly. He laughed a bit, let go of Khush, and fixed his clothes.

"What are you?" Khush gasped, trying to catch his breath.

"He's a vampire," I disclosed, causing Ivan's eyes to widen in disbelief.

"Is this like a spooky Halloween thing?" Ivan looked really scared

"No, mate, this is reality. There are creatures living among us, hidden until the night falls," Arjun explained calmly, standing close to Ivan and whispering something in his ear. Ivan looked stunned but nodded.

"Now that the introductions are done, why was I summoned? I highly doubt it was for some freaky entertainment," Arjun quipped.

"How?" Veronica's voice trembled with confusion.

"Excuse me?" Arjun raised an eyebrow, puzzled by her question.

"How can you be a vampire? I just can't wrap my head around it," she stammered, looking to me for answers.