February 16th

"Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith" Romans 12:6

I read this quote saying "your talent is God's gift to you". We are all different. God created us differently. He has a different plan for each and every one of us. For his plan he gave us many gifts. One of those gifts was talent.

None of us is perfect at everything! We all have our strengths and weaknesses. We have talents. Some are better at drawing, some are better at writing. God has a plan for everyone and I bet he gave you a talent to!

1 Corinthians 12:4-7, Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of services, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who activates all of them in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.

Our talents will help us fulfill God plan for us in life. We are to use our gift to live and grow in Christ. I always wondered what God's plan for me was. As I grew up I always thought I would just hear him say, "Jetta, this is what I want you to do". So I waited around for awhile until I realized what I was doing then, wasn't what God wanted me to do.

He didn't want me to sit around doing nothing. I had my very own talents and I could of been doing something good with it. One of my talents is to learn something new very fast and easy. I can also self tech myself to play many instruments. So maybe you can't to that, but I'm sure you can do some things I can't do. Its all about strengths and weaknesses.

God gave you those strengths and weaknesses for a reason. You know what you enjoy and like. These gifts are our way to give back to God.

"Each of us has something to give. We can give our money and our time to charity, be a friend to someone who is sick or lonely, do volunteer work, or be a peacemaker, teacher or minister. We may give unselfishly of our time to our spouse, children or parents. We may choose a service-oriented occupation, or we may just do our everyday jobs with integrity and respect for others." says Christian Bible Reference site.

Read Romans 12:5-8. Paul states, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead,do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

It does not matter whether we have been given great talents, abilities and wealth, or very little. What matters to God is whether we make good use of what we have been given, whether large or small.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for the many gifts you bless us with. No matter how little or great they are. They are still gifts. We are to use our talents and abilities to obey You. You gave us a purpose in life and we are called to obey you. Thank you for helping me spread your word, help others and provide to ones in need. Thank you for putting my gifts to work! In Jesus name, Amen.