January 16th

"I say this for your own benefit, not to lay any restraint upon you, but to promote good order and to secure your undivided devotion to the Lord." 1 Corinthians 7:35(ESV)

How many of you have cell phones? Now what would happen if you lost your phone? Did just think about make you freak out or panic? If you did you might have nomophobia.

Nomophobia is the fear of having no mobile phone. Your cellphone. Are you a person that brings their phone everywhere, and I mean everywhere, including the bathroom? Do you obsessively check your phone for a notification? I must admit, I do check my phone a lot!

"If I didn't have my phone I'd feel empty. It's my life, it's my baby. I'd feel out of the loop, like I'm missing out. I'd probably cry and go insane." Says Aleisha. (Go to

http://i.stuff.co.nz/life-style/2751048/Nomophobic-teenagers-go-to-extremes to see her story.)

But going off what she said, it's her life, her baby. She said if she was to not have her phone she would feel empty. Technology is a great advantage but do you know what i think is one of the biggest disadvantage? I've notice since I've got a new phone I get to attached. Sometimes I forget I have stuff to do, like writing a chapter for this book! But the biggest disadvantage, it's a distraction. A distraction from God! Yeah you can get a bible app on your phone or whatever, but what about if you get a notification on your phone? Are you tempted to check that notification?

I know I would. So check yourself and limit your own time on the phone. Remember your priorities and know that they are things you need to get done! Like reading your bible. If you know you are going to get distracted, grab the real hard copy of your bible and sit with it. If you have a overall problem, pray and ask God for help!

Dear Lord,

Thank you for the technology so I can easily send a message to a friend or see a picture of a family member. It's made it easy to do things with all kinds of apps you can get, but with all of this, I get distracted sometimes. I forget I have things to do. Sometimes I am too involved with my phone I forget a lot of things that go on around me. No matter how addicted I get with my phone, help me to remember that you are important and I can't get distracted from spending time with you! Thank you. In Jesus name, Amen.

Hey guys, I just want to let you know, if you have a problem or whatever and you need some praying for you can always message meon here! I'm always willing to pray for you girls if you need it! You don't even need to be specific with what ever you need praying for, if your having family problems you can say as something as little "My mom need praying for" or even just "I have some family issues". Please don't hesitate to ask. I won't share it with anyone but God! I care for you guys I love you! God Bless! ❤