January 15th

"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. (2) "Honor your father and mother" (this is the first commandment with a promise), (3) "that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land." (4) Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord." Ephesians 6:1-4(ESV)

As we grew up we always heard, honor your mother and father. I know I always did. Listening to my parents was something I didn't like to do. I was a stubborn kid. I always wanted my way. But now I am realizing how important it really is to honor our parents.

My parents are very important to me. They support me and they always believe in me. They are the two most important people in my life. I know I will always love them but on some days we have our bad days. We are grumpy or they're grumpy. Everyone has their days.

On those grumpy days, sometimes we end up getting mad and throwing a fit of some sort. This happens all the time and I forget that I need to honor my parents. Sometimes we just need to come closer to them and improve your relationship with them. Be loyal to them by not saying unkind things about them or to them. Try to understand why they are the way they are. Express your appreciation and thanks. Tell them you love them and also remember to pray for them.

I can tell you, after I got in a argument with my father, I started praying. I didn't know exactly what to pray about but once I spent over thirty minutes praying, I felt better. Not fully but mostly. The next day I would always give them a big hug and apologize. Even if they were wrong, but what I did was wrong. I didn't honor them. One of the most beautiful things is seeing your parents smile, and you are the reason why they smile.

Dear Lord,

Thank you for my parent(s). I know they work hard and still know they have stuff to do at home. Help me to remember that no matter what. I need to honor my parent(s). Sometimes I lose my temper, sometimes they lose their temper. No matter who loses their temper, I know that seep down they are still my parent and that I love them. Please bless my parent(s). Help me to always show my love for them. Hold my tongue if I am not speaking kind words. Show me that I am wrong no matter what in a argument because I am not honoring my mother and/or father. It is one of the commandments! In Jesus name, Amen.