January 10th

"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light." Ephesians 5:8(NKJV)

Would you assume that you can sin in whatever way that pleases us, yet we can still have a good spiritual life? That's like storing our minds with trash and sin of the world and keeping heaven in it, too. There's no room for that. We are to walk and show our great works that glorify our Father in heaven. You are a child of God and you must show everyone the light you walk in.

God made us to life the life he made for us. If we continue to sin, walk off the path God made for us, and then later ask God to forgive us because we don't want to be on bad terms with God, but then go off and do it again because it pleases us, is not right. Asking God for forgiveness is knowing that you did wrong. You want to do right. A mistake is a mistake, but when you do it purposely and then ask God to forgive you, you are lying to Him. You don't really want God to forgive you because you don't want to get rid of the trash that you hold on to. Once we repeat our sins we are not walking as God's child.

You were once in darkness, but once you say and make a commitment to let go of the trash in your mind you can walk as God's child. Be honoring when you ask for forgiveness. Don't take it as a joke. Love Him and his word with all of your heart. Fill your mind with his word.

Take control of your mind. Think of it this way. All that trash you store in your mind, what if that is what is blocking God's word? What if its leading you to sin and temptation? This may be the perfect time to take control of your mind so you can walk as children in the light.

Dear Lord,

I want to walk as your child and not according to my own thinking. I want to clear my mind of all the trash so I can control it. I want room for your word, Lord. Whenever I think, I don't want the trash in my mind to control what I think of. I may have bad thoughts that lead me to sin or listen to lies. When I read your word, may it fill my mind and push out what is not supposed to be there! In Jesus name, Amen.