January 26th

"Do not love the world or the things that belong to the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the father is not in him." 1 John 2:15

Social media is a major influence on us girls. We can be targeted by what music we listen to, the movies we watch, and famous people we look up. These things feed us lies and they influence the way we think.

When we think, it leads to an emotion, then to your behavior. If we think we need to be as skinny as the girl in the commercial, we might end up harming our body to look that way. You might be thinking sex is okay and money is very important.

"Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways." Psalm 119:37(ESV)

God loves you for you, not you trying to be someone else. The people you are trying to be are not the best. The only perfect one is God. Think of this. He made you in his image, so doesn't that make you perfect?

YES! Yes it does. You are perfect! You're perfect in his eyes. Just the way he made you! That truly amazing!

So are you willing to be used by God in anyway possible? Don't be influenced by the rest of the world to become something you weren't meant to be. Stay yourself, be the beautiful girl God made you to be.

You obviously can't choose what ads come up but you can always remember God's word. Guard yourself. Remember to ask God for help. He won't let you down! Believe in him. Have faith and he will help you to keep your guard up!

Dear Lord,

I am asking you for help. I can't control what comes up on my screen but if something is put up to try to influence me, give me the strength to keep my guard up. Help me to detect the lies of these influences. Build my wall up against them! Make me a stronger person. You made me in your image and I know that I'm perfect in your eyes God. I will try everything to always remember that. I want to thank you, Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.