January 20th

"Do not enter the path of the wicked, and do not walk in the way of the evil. Avoid it; do not go on it; turn away from it and pass on. For they cannot sleep unless they have done wrong; they are robbed of sleep unless they have made someone stumble." Proverbs 4:14-16

Bullying. To many the topic haunts them. Bullying is not fun. I know. I was bullied for a year. It wasn't fun. I didn't tell anyone either so that didn't help.

My story of bullying is probably not as big as many others are, but I'm finally going to tell someone. It was 5th grade and I moved to the next town over and I always hated starting a new school. My new school was fine for a second until I realized there was many types of people there. I tried to be friends with all of them but one day, my "friend" came up to me. She was beautiful and she was popular. Who knew popularity was such a "thing" in 5th grade? She told me if I was to be friends with her, I can't be friends with anyone else.

I didn't talk to her after that. But she did torment me for the rest of the time I was there. Up until 6th grade. During lunch her and her friends would throw little bits of food at me. During class they would make fart sounds and other things while I was talking or reading aloud. Sadly one of her friends was on my bus. She would purposely sit behind me to kick the seat, and whenever I wore a bun in my hair, she would flick it and also stick leaves in it. 

Other things happened when I was in 8th grade because of my weight and again because who my friends were. But now I see that, it just shows how much God loves me. He stood with me through the entire thing. I got through it, didn't I?

Remember, if you're a victim of bullying, Gods with you. Remember to pray for the one that bullies you. Move on and try not to focus on what they say. Remember, you are created in God's image! You are exactly the way He wanted you created, and he has a very specific plan for you! Don't let someone who does not know your purpose stop you from living the life God wants! 

Dear Lord,

Thank you for the strength to not fall when it seems like the world is crushes in on me. Its hard to talk about it but I know you will take it off my shoulders. Be with me, Lord. Help me to move on and remember I am yours. I don't need to worry about them. I can just pray about them. Thank you. In Jesus name, Amen.