January 30th

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12(KJV)

Do you honestly know how great and powerful God is? How powerful His word is? He is SO powerful. It is the only thing in this world, besides our soul, that is eternal. It lasts forever!

We hold treasure this so much in our hearts! It is so important for us. When I talked about us as a christian in an army, I said, we use his word as a weapon.

"Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Ephesians 6:13

As a Christian you are a soldier in God's army and as a soldier, you are called to fight. You are fighting to protect yourself and others from evil. To protect ourselves we need to know God's word and know his promises.

So we know that we can use his word for protection and fighting against the enemy, but do we really know how powerful it is? God’s Word is powerful to expose our sin.

"God’s purpose in cutting us is to bring healing, not to leave us wounded. Sin is like a cancer growing inside of us. Untreated, it will be fatal." Says Bible.org. Like Hebrews 4:12 says His word is sharper than any two edged sword!

God's word is the promise. Not just any promise, but many, and I mean many promises God is able to keep. God doesn't break his promises. None!  It's amazing because it's the truth. A promised truth.

"All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" 2 Timothy 3:16 (KJV)

"For with God nothing shall be impossible." Luke 1:37

God's word is not like man's word.  Men's words are tenuous and full of impossibilities.  God's words are powerful and full of the possibilities of God. 

God is truly amazing! I'll share something quick. I was just so blown away by this. At this communication class I went to today, Pastor Bob went around the room to ask us how we felt and thought about something in the room. As everyone else went, I sat praying, God, please have him say the piano. I don't know what to say about anything else in the room. I just ask you, if you could just have him pick the piano.

Sure enough, when it was my turn he looked at me and said, Jetta, what do you think about... The piano. I was just blown away. I sat there for a second to thank God. I already knew what I was going to say and I don't think that was coincidence, because out of many things in that room, that's what he picked.

Ceriously, God is amazing. No matter what, he is there, he is listening. He's powerful! No matter how big or little it is. God can handle it! Praise God!

Dear Lord,
I want to just take a moment to thank you. You are amazing, wonderful, loving, plus many other traits. But most of all you are powerful. You can handle anything. Your word is the armor to fight the enemy! I ask you Lord, to help me continue to dig deeper and understand Your word. I know Your word is the truth and the promises that will last for ever! In Jesus name, Amen!