February 18th

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.” Proverbs 3:6 (NLT)

So as a Christian we have faith in God. We believe him. But what else does having faith mean? What else is there to having faith?

For starters, pull out your bible and read Hebrews 11. Yes, all of it. In the beginning, Hebrews 11:1-2 says "Faith means being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it. Faith is the reason we remember great people who lived in the past."

So even though we haven't seen God, Jesus, the heavens, we know its still there. We have faith. Faith is the understanding that the whole world was made by God’s command so what we see was made by something that cannot be seen. (Hebrews 11:3)

Hebrews 11: 4-11 shows that these people died in faith. As explained in verse 12. "All these great people died in faith. They did not get the things that God promised his people, but they saw them coming far in the future and were glad. They said they were like visitors and strangers on earth."

Now the rest of Hebrews 11:13-38 shows more examples of people that are known for their faith, but none of them received what God had promised. God planned to give us something better so that they would be made perfect, but only together with us.

Bible Study Guides (lesson 2) states " Faith is an essential part of our relationship with God. It is a prerequisite to beginning the conversion process, which is a necessary step on the road to salvation and eternal life. Without faith we can't please God (Hebrews 11:6), essentially because if we don't believe in Him and believe Him, we won't really be trying to please Him! In the New Testament, bothfaith and belief are generally translations of the Greek word pistis. People who live by faith as followers of Jesus Christ are called "believers" (Acts 5:14)."

Faith means relying on God. Trust him. Even though you can't see him, you have faith and know he is there.

Dear Lord,
Even though I can see you, I believe you Ade there. The bible tells me so. You are real. If I say I have faith, I must trust you and rely on you. Faith jsessential part of my relationship with you God. In Jesus name, Amen.

*Thanks for over 6 thousand reads! Its fantastic!*

**Also have any suggestions for future chapter topics, comment or message me! All ideas are accepted!**

***Need someone to pray for you? I'm glad to pray for anyone! Just leave your name and I will pray. God knows what your going through. Praying is power! A lot of you have already asked for praying! I'm always available! Just send me a message! God bless!***