January 2nd

"You are  beautiful, my love: there is no flaw in you" Song of Songs 4:7

How long do you spend in front of the mirror, worrying about how you look? This could even be while putting make-up on. I stopped lying to myself and I finally realized I was spending a lot of time worrying about how I looked. I spend a lot of time reading magazines and seeing commercials saying beautiful girls are worth more. I also spent a lot of time in the morning getting ready for school. I almost miss the bus on some days because I feel like an outfit just doesn't look right.

In the bible, God told us that he had made everyone and everything beautiful in it's time. Psalm 139:14 says "You are beautiful. For you are fearfully and wonderfully made."Don't forget, you are perfect in God's eyes. He created us in his image! We were wonderfully made! 1 Peter 3:4 says "Your beauty should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit which is of great worth in God's sight." It is not about what you look like on the outside. You can be any size, any color, have any length of hair and style of clothes. The list could go on! None of that matters to God. What matters is your inner beauty. The unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit.

So if you find yourself becoming sad or upset that you don't look as pretty as the girl in the magazine, put that magazine down. Stop listening to these lies. They come from a lot of places so watch out. Be strong and if you have to, ask God for help.

We were made to,

-act justly

-love mercy

-and to walk humbly with your God

(Micah 6:8) We don't need to waste the life God gave us, by worrying about what we look like.

Next time you find yourself in that mirror, questioning if your hair is good enough or if your makeup is perfect, I want you to do this. Stand tall and proud in front of that mirror and smile. Say "I am beautiful because God made me in his image!"

God made you beautiful, so shine!

Dear Lord,
Thank you for making me beautiful. may not believe it at times but it is true because you made me. You made me in your image. Help me, Lord, to always remember that was made perfect the way am. don't need to impress anyone because know am beautiful in your eyes. The lies that tell me differently are everywhere, so ask you, Lord, for the strength not to listen to it. Lord, and if am found judging someone upon their looks, forgive me. Help me to have the eyes to see the best in people. Thank you for making all of us see the true beauty in ourselves. In Jesus name, Amen.

Listen to the song "Beautiful" by Mercyme. Great song!