January 31st

"I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well." Psalm 139:14(KJV)

 We all have a birthday. That's when we were born! In Genesis 2, it talks about how God made Adam from the dust of the ground. We were handcrafted from God.

Now on peoples birthdays, you feel like you need to get them a gift, or make them something because you care for them. You work really hard to get them this gift. You spend time to make it.

Think about that. God works really hard to make us. He blesses us with the gift of life!

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26(ESV)

We may wish we had better things, I know I sometimes do! But I remember the fact that just how God made the beautiful earth, he made me. He also made you in the same wonderful way!

So there is nothing wrong in having a celebration for your birthday. Your celebrating the wonderful life God gave you. You are blessed everyday. But always remember, on your birthday, thank God. Thank him for the life he blesses us with. God is perfect and he doesn't make anything that's wrong or worthless. God made us with his hands.

A birthday is a good time to reflect on God's love. We are each special to the Lord, unique and precious in his eyes. God's plan of salvation is available to every human being, so that we may enjoy happiness and life with him forever.

Psalm 71:6(NIV)

From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you.

Dear Lord,
I just want to say thank you. Thank you for the gift of life. Thank you for my life and everyone else's lives. We are all blessed. When we are at our lowest we do not always realize we are blessed every day! Thank you lord. In Jesus name, Amen.