February 21st

"For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit." 2 Peter 1:21 (ESV)

Do you know what a prophetic word is? I know, as a kid, I heard about God speaking to man in bible stories, but I never knew what it really ment.

A prophetic word is also known as a word of knowledge. Which is a prophecy given to a worshipper by God to give to you.

Everything God has to say, is always good! God gives this knowledge to man to share to you because he wants you to hear him. Many have learned to listen to God and knows what God wants to share. I've tried to learn how to "tune in" and try to hear what Holy Spirt is telling me. The activities I have done have been pretty fun!

In my girls youth group, we did an activity. First we had to close our eyes and picture a pink dinosaur. Have you ever seen one in real life? I know I haven't! So that little "screen" that you see that pink dinosaur is like the place you can see and hear things that the Holy Spirit is trying to tell you.

Then we did some other activities where we stood up with our eyes closed and had to listen the Holy Spirit to find out who was standing behind us. We where asked questions like "Whats their favorite food?" And we were to answer with whatever the Holy Spirit told us.

I've been given a few prophetic words and they are truly amazing to here. When I heard my first prophetic word, i sat there like "How the heck to they know this about me? I don't even know them!" This guy learned to listen to the Holy Spirit! I never met the guy and he's spitting of things only I would know about!

God has his ways to speak to you. And when he does, like I said, its always good. He says the things he does for you to know the truth, and to reach out to you. Sometimes you could be falling away from him and he finds his way to reach out to you.

I've heard many stories of people reaching out to strangers to say "Hey God loves you no matter what." And to figure out that stranger was struggling with his relationship with God.

Prophetic words are truly amazing to hear because you know they are straight from God. Once you are given one remember to write it down after whenever you can. This way you can always remember what God was trying telling you!

Dear Lord,
Help me to learn how to listen to you. Thank you for every word you say is always good! It's the truth. Thank for always finding a way for me to hear what you have to say! Thank you helping others to learn to listen and share what the Holy Spirt says. In Jesus Name, Amen.