February 6th

"Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire." 1 Timothy 2:9

We talked about idolatry before. It is anything you out as the number one in your life. It can be anything you worship. But it can also be anything you look towards to give you complete value, worth, joy or salvation from your problems.

Fashion... Are you using clothes and accessories to make yourself feel valuable? If you wear the instyle things you're going to be cool? People will like you more? Is that what you think when you get ready everyday? I have to admit, I do sometimes.

At times I think if I dress a certain way people would like me more. I did that a lot my freshman year. I focused on that everyone else was wearing. Sometimes I even just tried to dress up incase I saw a cute guy. I thought that the clothes I wore made my value go up.

Fashion these day seems to control our lives. For starters, everyone wears clothes. You can barely go anywhere naked because you would get arrested.

Now I want you to stop for a moment and think about this.

How much time do you spend shopping for clothes? Choosing what to wear? Making sure you have enough accessories? How much do you spend on name brand items?

If you're a Christian, then you shouldn't worship fashion. Don't worry about what everyone else is wearing. Why waste 5 times more money because everyone else has it?

Use your wisdom when it comes to fashion. Be obsessed with Christ, not with what you wear!
Dear Lord,
Thank you for all the clothes you provid for me. At least I have something to wear. Thank you for reminding me that I have all I need and I don't need to worship my clothes. I want to look good, but I don't want to try to increase my value. No matter what, I know I have value in your eyes and it will never change. You will love me no matter what. In Jesus name, Amen.