Chapter Three

The sun watches me and knows what I do, but the moon knows all my secrets.

-

aurora forsythe

Madam Pomfrey told me to sleep here for tonight so that it's easier for me to be accompanied when drinking my medicine.

I woke up in the middle of the night as someone interrupted my sleep. I turned my body to the other side of the bed as I am facing the right side but the curtains that divides our beds are closed.

I grabbed the slippers Madam Pomfrey let me borrow and swiped the curtain away to find out who cries in this bloody evening. And as I do so, I saw Malfoy. But why is he crying? And why is he even here?

For a moment, I didn't hesitate. I slowly walk towards his bed and sat at the edge where there is an empty space and sunk to where I chose comfort. I put my palm on his head and he is burning; he's sick.

"Mum, why did they kill Bailey?" he murmured in his sleep as he was having a nightmare.

Who is Bailey? Is Bailey his brother? I think no. I know he's the one and only heir of the Malfoy family.

"I love Bailey. He is my dog. A gift from you he was." he continued.

I laughed a bit from the tone of his voice. His voice is croaking and groggy but a sudden guilt I felt when conscience jabbed my chest for laughing at him.

I gently placed his head into my shoulders, giving him the comfort he needed right now. Though this does not sound right, that a Gryffindor giving comfort to a Slytherin, this is the right thing to do.

"Shhh," I shush, "Everything will be alright Malfoy." I whispered as I gently stroke my hand into his head, swiping away the strands of hair that fell on his forehead while my left thumb brushes his pale, soft face.

I am not supposed to do this.

No.

You are supposed to do this to whoever seeks comfort. That's what my mother told us; to me and my sister, Celena and I. This is what our mother usually does when we're sick or having bad dreams.

Out of the blue, he embraced me. Yes, I know he's unconscious as of the moment but the way he held me tight sent shivers down my body. A tingling sensation it was.

I want to go back to my bed bunk but there's part of me that says I should stay a little longer. Absently, I hummed. The song that my father and mother usually dance to.

"I believe that magic works. Don't be afraid, afraid of being hurt. Don't let, this magic die. The answer's there, you just look in her eyes." I sang breathlessly to keep him asleep.

As I sing songs, my eyes felt heavier.

-

The next morning, I woke up from being asleep. Curtains are closed. My wound doesn't hurt that much now compared to yesterday. I just noticed one thing. I woke up in Malfoy's bed bunk but he wasn't here anymore.

"Where is he?" I whispered, asking myself. "Is he fine now?" I continued whispering but Madam Pomfrey seems to hear it too as she is assisting the new student who got here just now.

"If you are referring to Malfoy, Miss Forsythe, he is fine now." she said as she prepares the medicines and stuffs for the student next to my bed.

"Am I allowed to leave now, Madam?" I questioned while brushing my hair with my fingers.

"You surely are, dear." she responded, "Before I forgot, here's your remaining tablets, finish this and you'll feel better." she exclaimed, "Oh, and don't forget your diary and your chocolates."

"Chocolates? Perhaps I heard you wrong. I haven't got any when I came here Madam. I only brought the diary but not the sweets." I replied with confusion flashed in my face.

"Surely it was yours, dear. It was on your table. I saw someone put it on your desk. He even kissed your forehead before he left."

"Really, Madam?" I cringed internally as the people around the patient look at me, "Who was it, may I ask?"

"I haven't seen his face dear. His hood is on."

"Oh, is that it? Then I'll just go. Thanks Madam." I replied timidly and strut out of the Hospital Wing with my diary and the chocolates.

"No worries dear." she added.

I wonder where did these chocolates came from.

And I wonder who kissed me on my forehead.

As I walk back to the Gryffindor Common Room, I can't get rid of my head how Malfoy cried last night that despite of how sickening his attitude was, he still cries.

And it's funny.