Chapter Forty-four

narrator

If I could have just one wish
I would wish to wake up every day
To the sound of your breathe upon my head
The warmth of your lips above my lips
The touch of your fingers above my skin
And the feel of your heart, beating in synchrony with mine
Knowing that I could never find that feeling
With anyone other than you
For you are my moon and I am your sun

The wind had become the orchestral conductor of the sea, sending huge waves into their summit all through the ballad that was the sundown. All about him was the perfume of the salty waters and the fine spray that came as boldly as any viola flurry.

It was as if life herself had entered the water and the energy was so great that this great pulse came upwards to form a steady rhythmic patterns.

The sun set in the sky as fresh colors brushed upon the Creator's canvas, as if those rays were fated to create a great work of art— one given to those open to capturing simple moments in the soul.

The boy who had no choice once again pulled out his strength to flip the next page of his beloved's diary in which he often does. Not because he doesn't want to remember the memories he had spent with her, but because it breaks him every time he does.

Aurora was a great poet, he thought. She would say words are the way we free the soul and so if we could not express our feelings in our own verbally, try to write those words and create patterns, venting out our emotions in a piece of parchment.

And so she does. She wrote plenty of poems for Draco and about Draco for the past couple of years. The words she cannot directly point out to Draco, she exhibited through her wise words, and now it is time for him to read all of those.

"What are you writing, lovely?" he asked sweetly as he hold her hand from above the table, notwithstanding the people around the library who are studying with them. "Can I read them?"

"Not a chance, Drakey." she replied teasingly as she rolls out her tongue outside of her mouth, creating funny faces that made Draco giggle. Of all people he knew, she was the only one who can tame the dragon inside of him. "There's no way you will be reading this. Not in my watch. Someday, maybe."

That someday came. As she promised, he would be reading it, not in her watch. It's so sad to think how the world keeps on separating them apart.

He doesn't understand why destiny allowed them to meet each other, knowing that never in a million years they would be able to spend a lifetime together.

He found the someone that made his heart skip a beat and so, he took the risk. It was such a fine line between feeling nothing and everything. He was exhausted of feeling nothing at all and chose to feel something and he was glad he took the risk.

He was bone-weary of his last hearing today but his brain keeps on going, running as if it was on some Olympian over thinking sprint, consuming all the energy that's left in his body until his head is ready to enter the world of dreams; a great escape for him.

"Hey!" called the young lady from behind his back that scared him. She's wearing a casual white dress that blends perfectly with her white tone, contrasting against her dark hair, holding a paper bag on her left hand and an expensive handbag on the other hand.

"Wh-Who are you?" Draco agitatedly questioned while pulling his wand outside of his pocket. "How'd you know —" his speech was slashed off when she sat beside her.

"I'm Astoria Greengrass. I know you know me. I am Daphne's younger sister." she smiled charmingly. "Blaise sent me here. He requested me to tell you that he's really sorry for not being able to attend your hearing."