Chapter Nine

I love you past the moon and miss you beyond the stars.

-

aurora forsythe

We are kissing under the starry skies.

I woke up from a dream, well, uhm- maybe a nightmare.

Of all people that I could be dreaming about, why him? Why Malfoy? Why couldn't I dream of someone who is more sensible and respectful like Harry? Or Ron? Or Fred? Or George?

It's past seven o'clock in the morning and I am almost late. I hastily took a cold shower and dressed accordingly.

As I walk to my first class, I wander my eyes around the hundred, probably thousand-year-old walls of the corridors, trying to forget what I have dreamed about.

But I couldn't.

I couldn't get rid of it. What we did was more exaggerated and worse than what I dreamed about.

Just then, Fred and George swiftly walked towards me.

"Hello twins!" I greeted, whilst, beaming.

George flashed a mischievous smile as he reply, "Hello, my girlfriend." he winked as I smile shyly, pulling my gaze away from George's face.

"So, lady, what happened between you and Malfoy? Is he still bothering you?" Fred asked curiously and worriedly.

But before I could answer, George barged in.

"Actually, yesterday, he mentioned it to me." he smiled, "Malfoy told me that I'm not on his level. He's not wrong. I mean, I am the most handsome creature here at Hogwarts so he is definitely not on my level." he said while flexing.

Fred laughed loudly, "Shut up already, Georgie. We look exactly the same. Meaning if you're handsome, then I too." he added, pushing George. "So tell me, why did you choose George to be your fake boyfriend and not me?"

I chortle awkwardly, "Because I saw him first."

What a silly excuse.

"Well, if you like Georgie," Fred continues as he swing his arm on my shoulders, "you should tell him. Am I right Georgie?"

"Yes, besides, who knows if I like you too." George teased as he walk backwards.

"I would never ever do the first move."

"Is that so?" George replied shortly and I nodded.

"I asked for your help because it felt awkward knowing that he is talking to me. Nonetheless, I can tame that dragon in my hands." I cackled as George's facial expression dropped.

"Tame who?" said a deep voice from behind us that made me turn around.

The twins round Malfoy immediately, warning him.

"I'm warning you, Malfoy. If you don't stop bothering my girlfriend, I will kick your ass out." George said angrily as if he truly is my real boyfriend that made my heart beats fast.

Fred is holding George's back just in case he punches Malfoy in the face as we are now surrounded by people who are walking past us, going to their classes.

"No need to shout, Weasley." replied Malfoy with his eyes fixed on mine, "I know it's just pretend. I can sense it." he said as he steps closer to me.

George noticed how close Malfoy is to me and pushed him forcefully.

"One more time you touch or talk to her, I will make sure you'll be beaten so bad that you can't stand." George threatened.

Malfoy clenched his fist and jaw, breathing heavily, "Relax there Weasley." he said, relaxing his fist again, "If you made sure to beat me until I can't stand, I, too, would make sure Forsythe wouldn't stand the pain." he said naughtily, raising his eyebrows.

George pulled my hands and Malfoy gripped my arm, both pulling me into their side that left my arm in pain.

"Why are you bothering me? I guess you missed me." I teased as I continuously hold George's hand.

"No I haven't. Maybe you." he said, giving me a nasty grin, "Why a sudden change of mood? That night we spent together, during the New Year's eve, you weren't like this."

I turned around and saw Fred and George's reaction. They were confused and shocked.

"I'll tell you guys later. Go, you'll be late." I uttered convincingly as I beam.

The corridors are now empty and it's just me and him, Malfoy.

"Was this really worth making me late to class? Because personally, I think you, as a Prefect should set a good example to other students." I seethed, "Being late, I think, that's not a very good example. Besides, you're also part of the Inquisitorial Squad. A group of boring people who ruins everything, patrolling all day long and-"

"I can take house points did you know? But I told you, I don't want to bruise your ego."

"Then prove it. I'm not afra-"

Before I could finish what I am about to say, he pinned me against the wall with his hands and without any hesitations, warnings, cautions and everything, he kissed me.

And that kiss silenced me.

"Make me." he whispered as his warm, minty breath brush my face, "How many points for Gryffindor? Fifty? One hundred?" he asked softly with his eyes glued on mine as if nothing happened, "I can feel how fast your heart is pounding right now, lovely." he said as his eyes sparkle while placing his hand on my chest where my heart jog fast.

I don't think it's just beating. I think it's racing. Racing but there is nowhere to go, except to where it is positioned.

"I bet that Weasley never does this to you, huh?" he muttered as he moves his face closer to mine.

I can't speak. There's something holding me back. I can feel the warmth of his breath, his body. He's close to me that I can see every single detail of his face. He held my right hand and placed it to his chest, still holding it. Our heart beats in synchrony.

"Don't touch my hand." I said from a very unusual soft tone.

Really? After making love and after kissing and pinning me against the wall, that's all I can say?

I can't help but notice every single features of his face. How soft his hands are, the rosy curves of his lips, the dark and light shades of blue-gray his eyes have.

He leaned his body closer to mine and I can't help but shove it away, making him hold my hand.

"If only you know how determined I am to get-"

"I have to go. I will be late." I said softly, pulling away my gaze. "That night and this kiss, it's nothing. Forget it." I tugged my bag to my shoulders and walk away from him.

He giggled, "You forgot something, lovely!"

"What is that, Malfoy?" I glanced back awkwardly.

"My hand, you're still holding it." he laughed beneath his breath.

I pulled my hand off of his hand.

As I walk away, across the Courtyard, I never appreciated how beautiful the scenery is, not until now.

The skies are blue.

The trees sway as the wind blow.

It was a pleasant day.