Chapter Thirty-eight

a u r o r a  f o r s y t h e

"Fred!" I yelled as I sprint to where Fred was standing.

"Hey, Aurora, you came back." he greeted as we hide behind a wall.

"Guess what, Fred." I clued excitedly even if the atmosphere isn't pleasant. "I'm pregnant."

"You're-" he quizzed as I nod my head before he could finish. "Then you shouldn't be here. Please, go away. You have to take care of your baby instead of fighting."

"I will, Fred. Don't worry." I said as I hug him, "And after this, I want you and George to be the Godfathers of our baby."

"It's my pleasure, Aurora." Fred said as he smiles at me, moving away from our hug, "If you don't mind, I have to go back and duel."

"Be safe, Fred." I uttered as he smiles at me one last time before he sprints to where he was standing earlier.

I couldn't explain what I feel right now. I was in between fright and excitement. What if the Dark Lord win? Then, Draco would be his servant forever. But what if this crisis end?

Then we'll stick to the plan. I have to apologize to my family for what I have done and ask for their blessing before Draco and I get married. Raise our baby with all the love he or she needs, make George and Fred his or her Godfathers and be happy.

I glanced at where Fred was standing and...

"Fred, Percy, watch out!" I yelled.

But it was late. I was late. Before they knew it, a loud explosion killed Fred. Percy, got out of it but Fred didn't make it. My hands tremble in anger and pain, seeing someone murdered in cold blood in front of my eyes.

Someone pulled my hair from behind my back and pushed me aggressively against the wall.

"I told you I would kill you." said Amycus Carrow.

But before I could grasp my wand, my vision shifted. A green light hits me and I fell off the ground. I can't see it clearly but I can feel it. It prickles and tickles and stings and throbs and everything.

Everyone who became part of my life died in front of me or if not in front of me, at least I've seen their ice cold bodies. Remus and Tonks, they died for their son, Teddy. Parvati died for her twin, Padma. Lavender fought alone, no one beside her, broken. Colin Creevey, Harry's biggest fan.

They all died and it hurts more than what I feel right now. I have to apologize to everyone. Mrs. Weasley, Mr. Weasley, Percy, Ginny, and specially George.

If only I warned them sooner, maybe they're still alive.

Please, just give me more time. I have to tell them how sorry I am. I have to tell them how grateful I am to meet them, for being part of my life. My family, I have to apologize to them and I have to tell them that I'm having a baby.

His voice. Draco's voice. It keeps ringing inside my head. I love you, Aurora. I have to tell him how much I love him. Please, let me live. Let our baby live. Our baby needs to see how softhearted his father has become.

Let us live so we can tell our baby our story, sing songs as we watch him drift into a deep slumber, let him play all day, give him everything he need. Please.

I can't breathe. And all I can see are lights of different colors, passing above my body. Shallow, ragged breathing. I can't.

No more I love yous. No more I miss yous. No more hugs. No more kisses. No more picnics and cuddles. No more surprises. No more him.

Breathe, Aurora, breathe.

"Whenever you feel like giving up always count from one to ten and remember all the good things that happened to you, to us."

One. There's only one person I want to spend my life with and it's Draco. Only him.

Two. Two different houses, two different worlds, two hearts that fell in love with each other though it's hard and impossible. Two hearts that would conquer all.

Three. I only ask for three words. Three words that describes how I really feel about you. Three words that at first I was afraid to tell you or even admit to myself. Our three words to forever. I love you.

Four. Four dazzling eyes; two from him and two from me. Four beautiful eyes are all it takes to get to know each other by simply observing every movement we make. Four dazzling eyes we used to glare at each other. Four beautiful eyes we used to make each other feel loved.

Five. After five years of being enemies, finally we became lovers.

Six. Six times he uttered "I love you, lovely" that day we started dating. Six times he plucked dandelions from Professor Sprout's greenhouse.

Seven. You're running inside my mind seven days a week and it drives me crazy, really crazy. Seven days a week, you're the only one my heart beats for.

Eight. Eight times a day, I only want to talk to you. Eight times I closed my eyes and dream a life with you. Eight letters we used to describe our feelings.

Nine. Nine vibrant colors and loud bangs above the sky; the happiest night of my life. Nine vibrant colors above the sky and it only takes you to fill my night with colors.

Ten. Ten sleepless nights I've spent, wondering, worrying about you. Ten moles in your body; two on the left side of your face, one on your nape, two in your right hand, a tiny one in your thigh and in your private part and the rest in your back.

My vision started to become blurry. The last ray of light I saw started to fade until there's no more light.

It all ends.

No.

This can't be the end.

Until our next eclipse, Draco.