Chapter Five

I lost the moon while counting the stars.

-

aurora forsythe

Malfoy is much taller than the last time I saw him.

It's been three months since I last saw him. He has grown a lot. His frame is manlier than before, jaws more defined, hair is longer which now flops along over his forehead, broader shoulders and platinum blonde strands of hair tickling his messy eyebrows. He stands in the middle of the corridor without any care for those people who wants to walk past them.

They are blocking the way, Malfoy and his friends. He stands with an even more egotistical presence which still radiates more arrogance than before. What remained unchanged is his skin, pale and white as snow.

Is he a vampire by any chance?

I have changed over the last summer. My skin became darker, hair grew longer, I even reshaped my eyebrows to make it clean. My body changed too. I grew a little more, my chest budded bigger, thigh grew thicker, waist became thinner and had more curves.

What remained unchanged in him is his skin, still pale and even paler than usual that his paleness is almost angelic, if only his attitude rhymes with his skin.

I stop in my tracks as I saw a young girl, most probably a first year who tripped because of her trolley. I hurriedly approached her.

"Hey dear, are you alright?" I asked softly as I sympathize, grabbing ahold her shoulders.

"My feet are aching." she answered shortly, eyes watering.

I caressed her shoulder, flashing a consoling smile, "Don't worry, I'll bring you to Madam Pomfrey."

"Who is Madam Pomfrey?" she asked.

"She's the matron. Don't worry, she's nice." I answered with a smile, concocting comfort, "Come on, get on my back." I invited as she did so. But before I could walk any further, he stood tall in front of me and extended his arms sidewards, blocking my way. Malfoy.

People walked past us, pushing me against him but he doesn't even move; not an inch.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" he snapped while crossing his arms. "You wouldn't want to be in detention on your first day now, would you?"

"Who is he?" whispered the young girl in my back, but I ignored.

"That's great! How gallant of you to remind me?" I exclaimed sarcastically, smiling, "I can't wait for you to abuse your position. Anyways, I don't care if you're a prefect or what. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to talk to my friends who are more deserving to be prefects." I rolled my eyes.

"Where are they?" he asked, "Where are your blood traitor frie-"

"Leave her alone Malfoy." interrupted Harry angrily, slowly turning my body, facing him, Ron and Hermione. "Is he bothering you?" he whispered, holding my arm. I shook my head in response.

Of course I said no although it wasn't true. I don't want him to be in trouble specially it's our first day back as fifth year students.

"Why do you care, Potter?" replied Malfoy as he walks past me and faced Harry. "She's not your girlfriend isn't she?"

"I am no one's girlfriend, Malfoy. Now please excuse us." I barged in as Ron and Hermione grab Harry's back before the moment intensifies.

"Who is this kid by the way?" Ron questioned as he pulls away his hand from Harry's back.

"Oh, sorry kid." I apologized to the young girl and she smiled in response, "She fell on her feet. Mind helping me bring her to Madam Pomfrey?"

Harry and Ron's emotions dropped. Hermione responded for them, "We surely love that. Ronald, Harry, carry the kid for Aurora." she ordered as she widen her eyes as if she's saying 'Go on, before I punch you in the face.', "How about you, Aurora? Where are you going?"

"Go on, please, I'll catch up later." I replied shortly, flashing a smile as they walk away. "I have to deal with something." I whispered to myself.

As soon as they walk away, I turned to face Malfoy again who strutted away right after Harry was grabbed ahold by Hermione and Ron. He's talking to his friends, laughing as they make fun of a Ravenclaw student.

"Malfoy!" I yelled, making them turn their head on my direction. He, then, walked forward.

"What's that blood traitor?" he replied, flashing a grin. "Are you looking for trouble?"

"Yeah! Try me." I replied shortly while my arms crossed.

"Oh, so brave of you filthy little blood traitor."

"Torment me all you want, Malfoy. I don't care." I smirked and turned around. He grabbed my arm and with that, I threw a fist on his face.

His friends are just looking, still in shock from what I did.

He placed his hand to where I punched him as he slowly returns his eyes on me. He raised his hand as he's about to slap me which made my heart drop and tremble in fear.

What have I done?

He's about to slap me, but his hands slowly flipped backwards, gently brushing the back of his hand against my face.

"I would never, ever throw my hand to any woman." he said out of nowhere, softly, "I'm not like my father."

"Why are you doing this to us, Malfoy?"

"Because I want to." he scoffed, "And why did you punch me?"

"You deserve it." I said as my voice crack, still shaking, "And I would never hesitate to do that again."

And before he could do anything to me, or I to him, I turned around and strut away from them, two steps at a time before he could reach me.

Merlin, what have I done? Surely, I don't want to be in detention on my first day back or deduct house points because of me.