Chapter Forty-one

george weasley

A week later after the war

The funeral of everybody who died in the war was a sorrow, creating moments of pure pain as we remember them in our hearts and minds. Memories of the good times that we've spent as we watch the blossoming spring.

They didn't die in vain. They died with glory as they lay their lifeless bodies undergrounds, yet their death was a celebration of life and accomplishments.

Death is not the end of life, no. But rather, it is the completion of life. Fred, my twin. The other half of me died in order for us to live. It wasn't the end of story after all.

As we all head back home, I noticed a guy behind a tree. He's hiding himself away from people, careful not to be seen as if he's the main reason of everyone's death.

I couldn't construct the right words to confront him right now, knowing that I lost my twin brother because of his Death Eater friends. I couldn't even think of looking in the mirror after Fred died because all I see was him in my own reflection.

I hid behind a wall for a couple of minutes as I watch Draco Malfoy linger a bit, closer to Fred's tombstone. He looks exhausted as usual, little to no sleep that can be seen underneath his eyes. He's also thinner and had some minor scratches on his face.

"I didn't expect you would come in here, Malfoy." I uttered coldly as I present myself to him, walking out of the wall as I strut closer, hands inside my pockets.

"I'm sorry for your loss. I really am, believe me." he convinced as he sniff, "Y'know, Weasley, I always adore you and your brother. You're quite funny and I have to admit, I am truly sorry for being part of your brother's death."

"I'm sorry for your loss too, Malfoy." I replied stiffly as I carefully arrange the flowers that surrounds Fred's grave, "You lost your aunt and Aurora."

"It's not just them who I lost that night, Weasley." he sighed, "I lost my child too. I lost them in the process of fighting for her and our child; to give them a bright and better world."

"So you mean Aurora is-"

"She bore our child." he forcefully smiled whilst sighing, "Funny how everything's set. Everything was planned. I would marry her after this crisis, settle in her dream home, and have children. But in just a blink of an eye, everything was gone. She was gone. They were gone and I- I don't know what to do."

"Grief comes in waves, Malfoy. They come at such random moments whenever you feel empty, replacing the emptiness within you with tears. Yet as time goes by, those waves would soon disperse and would be replaced by those good memories you have spent with her. And there would be no more tears. Instead, floods of smile and warmth inside your heart is what you'd feel." I explained as I point at my heart.

"Easy for you to say." he responded, "I lost the love of my life and our child without making them feel how I changed because of them, how I love them and I don't think I'd be able to love again."

"We both lost them, Malfoy." I debated as I tap his shoulder, "I apologize but I have to go."

I hurriedly Apparated back home. I closed my eyes, trying to take in what Malfoy had said. It doubles the pain I am feeling right now. I thought after this, Aurora and I could be together. Only to find out she's pregnant with Malfoy's child.

I marched upstairs, not minding the people around our house, marching upstairs where Aurora was resting her body and she's sleeping. Her eyes are puffy, her hair was sprawled all over the pillow as she drift into a deep sleep. She felt a bit unwell earlier that's why Ginny and her left first.