Special Chapter: Dylan Thomas

Dylan was taught since he was a child, that when someone asked, "When will you know if she's the one destined to you?", the answer is simple...

Until he grew up, he carried what his Mum and Dad always taught him. Dylan and his younger siblings, Scorpius and Ayla were raised in an affectionate family.

Their family was fun, loud, forgiving and loving and that was contrary to their Dad’s childhood memories. That’s what he always sees, that’s what he always feels.

His friends used to wonder why he rarely hangs out with them and he prefers to just be at home during the holidays or even not.

He grew up loving their family more than anything in this world and all he had to do was to share it with other people.

"There is no precise time when will you meet the one for you, son. But the greatest gift you can give to your friends, Dylan, is your love — you can show, you can share, and who knows if she's one of those people? Or maybe you would not receive that gift, because you are the gift. " His father would always tell him every boy's-only hang-outs. "And as a man, love her just as the sun loves the moon, love each other through phases, ups, downs, eclipses."

For eight years before Scorpius arrived, Dylan grew up with them always bonding with his Daddy and Mummy. They'll have a full day picnic in the park or sometimes teach him how to play piano. Then came Scorpius and Ayla, their family grew as well as the love they have for each other. For years, even now, they still practice those traditions.

Sometimes with their Grandpa Thomas and Grandpa Lucius as well as Grandma Charlotte and Grandma Narcissa, sometimes with their girlfriends and boyfriend.

His parents made sure that they are tightly bonded inside the family and that's what they want them to inherit more than money, more than fame, more than anything. No favorites, no forcing. The three of them received equal attention.

"Daddy, what if they don't like me because I'm a Malfoy?" Dylan remembered his innocent self, maybe nine or ten, before studying at Hogwarts.

"It's alright, son. Still, be kind to them and treat them equally because every lives matter." That's what Draco taught himself for loving a Muggleborn.

"But what if everyone doesn't like me? How can I make friends? I want more friends. I want many friends like Mummy."

Draco smiled softly. He patted his head and kissed his cheek as he carries Dylan in his arms. "Don't worry, if you keep on showing that you're really determined to be their friend, they'll realize it and you'll have them before you realize."

Their Dad's right, he had two more siblings. They are his best friends in the whole wide world. They often get along with each other, but they are still on the same team at the end of the day.

Along with that, Dylan didn't give up. He continued to share the love and made friends with Teddy Lupin, his second cousin.

When he was fourteen, he started to submit short stories to be featured in the Daily Prophet: Literature Section and plays piano for the Frog Choir. He has this gift that he inherited from his father.

He was about to leave the Common Room when someone stopped him.

"You'll be fine later!" said Amethyst Clarke, she's his classmate in almost all of their classes and his girlfriend too. "Teddy and I will cheer for you."

"Cheer?" he chuckled shyly and had a quick blood rush. "I'm not going to have a concert." But the thought of her best friend and girlfriend cheering for him was the greatest gift of tonight.

"I love you, Dylan Malfoy, now, stop complaining!"

From this day on, he found his best friend, his girlfriend, his sunshine — his greatest gift all in one.