Chapter Twenty-five

a u r o r a  f o r s y t h e

"I need someone to clean the Potions Classroom."

I didn't look back knowing that it was Malfoy. I have never talked to him since I left the manor.

"You can take them all." Professor Snape replied stiffly.

"No, Professor. I only need one." Malfoy insisted.

Everyone turned around, facing him as he marches closer to us.

"How about this girl, Professor?" Malfoy added as he grabs my arm.

"Go on, Malfoy. Supervise her detention. Make sure she will learn her lesson." Snape ordered.

Malfoy grasped my wrist and pulled me as we walk away. The silence between us is loud. I haven't spoken to him since I tried to duel with him. I have to avoid him just how my parents told me to do.

I stare blankly at him as he pulls me softly.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" I seethed, nearly breathless, "You told me to never go looking for you and I did." I added, pushing away his hand on my wrist, "Stop stalking me now."

Suddenly a cold wind blew, shooting goosebumps all over my body. I was waiting for him to embrace me or give me his sweater but I remembered, I am in no position to ask him that anymore.

"I'd rather be punished than be with you." I added, rolling my eyes and march back to my friends but he grabbed my arms and pulled it, making me spin around.

And I was kissed by him.

I slapped him, "What do you think you are doing?" I quizzed angrily, pushing him away from me.

I didn't mean to do that, to slap him, to push him, to hurt him, but my hand betrayed me.

"I apologize, Aurora." he muttered calmly with his eyes uncomfortably looking away from mine.

I glared at him, "Are you going to feed me to your Death Eater friends?" I uttered, furrowing my eyebrows, "Aha! I know! Maybe you'll put me into the Vanishing Cabinet, am I right?" I sarcastically delivered, "To test if it is still working?"

"I don't know what you are up to, Aurora, but after all I did, I still want you to be safe." he said sharply, clenching his fist and jaw in irritation. "You break in to Snape's office and you are putting yourself into troubles. Now, you have to face your consequences by cleaning the Potions Classroom."

"Wow, Draco, how gallant of you to remind me that!" I exclaimed derisively, "Anyway, whatever trouble I am facing and I will be facing, I'm on. I will accept it because I wanted to be part of it." I added, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I will start cleaning the Potions Classroom as part of my detention."

And just with that, I found myself strutting away from him. Leaving him speechless.

I felt betrayed by myself. This is not what I anticipated in my mind. Those hurtful words I used to taunt him, there's also part of me that has been torn apart.

After minutes of walking, I finally got to the Potions Classroom where shards of glasses and broken cauldrons are broken into pieces, potions ingredients are dispersed all over the room and it's a complete mess.

I started picking up the broken parts with my hands instead of using a spell to clean it up fast. I wanted it this way, to kill my time because when I'm inside the dormitory, I just keep on thinking about my dilemmas.

I started humming to entertain myself when out of the blue, the door creaked open and when I turned around, I saw Malfoy, eyes latched on mine as he sits on the chair near me.

I didn't speak. Instead, I continued cleaning the mess.

"Snape sent me here." he barged in but I didn't respond.

Soon enough, he started fiddling with his ring, making it bounce on top of the table and when he got bored, he started to tap his knuckles against the table, creating irritating sound.

"Will you shut it?" I ordered, rolling my eyes as I glare at him. "It doesn't help."

"Whether you like me here or not, I was told to do so." he replied coldly and still continued to play with his hands.

"Yeah, I remember." I chortle, "Whether I like it or not, you're going to betray me because the Dark Lord told you so, am I right?" I pronounced sarcastically. "Tell me, Malfoy, do you enjoy seeing me suffer?" I sniffed, trying to hold back my tears. "Seeing us being tortured every day? If not physically then mentally." I sighed sarcastically, "Sometimes I wonder why I fell for your sugar-coated words."

"I have nothing to lose now, Aurora. And if you think I liked this life, you're wrong." he inhaled sharply, "I never wanted any of these."

I attentively listen as he opens up about his problems and I was about to be soft to him again but I remembered how he betrayed me, how he lied to me, and how broken I am for loving him.

"Bet you're tasked to kill me too?" I replied stiffly as I was about to throw away the shards but then Malfoy pushed me.

He pinned me against the wall, staring deeply into my soul, rolling his tongue against the inside of his cheek while I stand under his chin, nearly breathless.

"You only want me when you need something from me." I added.

"No, Aurora. I need you." he sighed, "I need you beside me but there's no fucking way I could bring back the old happy times we've spent together in bed and everywhere." he debated, eyes lit up with fire.

I was weak on my knees again as I watch him look miserable like this, but can you blame me for how I treated him? I trusted him but he betrayed me. I believed in him when no one does it for him.

Yet, here I am, the same Aurora who loves him. I just couldn't accept the fact that he broke my heart.

He stormed away, leaving me breathless as I lean my back against the wall, holding back my tears as I watch him, slamming the door in madness of how I underestimated him.

After I finished my detention, I went back to the Common Room. I haven't eaten yet and my stomach crumbles in hunger.

On my way to the Common Room, I saw Luna holding a croissant, hopping towards my way.

"Hello, Aurora," she greeted politely, "I was about to go to the Potions Classroom to bring you this. I can sense you're hungry." she said in a very calm tone.

"Thanks a lot, Luna." I replied gratefully as I eat the croissant, "How's your detention?"

"It was fine. We spent the night with Hagrid, walking inside the Forbidden Forest and it was fun." she answered, "How about you?"

She's so pure and I want to hug her. She's the only friend of mine who never judged me. The only one who motivated me, and I will risk my life to save her if anything happens.

"It was fun too but I don't want to talk about it." I replied with fake giggles.