Finale

Mr. & Mrs. Malfoy

Lovely,

It's always been very difficult for me to express my feelings and emotions. I don't really know where it is coming from, it's just not in my nature and I know that this can be a very frustrating trait. So, to stand here today in front of all these people is going to be very interesting, that's why I have always enjoyed seeing you write. It helps us give voices to our feelings.

Funnily enough, since the day I met you, I have learned to write secret love letters each day. From flirty unknown letters written in a thick piece of parchment, to messy messages, to love letters, some sent, most never to see the light of the day, to random scratchings hidden in the bark of the trees, and even inside my trunk.

I write to you, about you even and mostly when you're not around. Always asking myself what you would think, a constant sound ricocheting all over my head in everything I do without even noticing it.

You have maybe want to write a story and compile it in fear that one day, I would have to read it back just to remember us, everything that we have spent together, knowing that whatever happens, I could keep you in my heart pocket.

I talked to a novel that I could look for. This one is about people who no one could have ever imagined being together, like us, my lovely.

We tested our relationship, bringing it to great heights with deep faults right ahead but eventually managed to be here today as a team with our little Dylan. Some people see marriage as the truest testament of love, the culmination of a relationship, I don't.

It's a pretty poem but it's riddled up with subtexts. Any married couple here today can probably attest to this, being our first day in a very long journey. I now know that the last few years was just a warm-up for the next thousands of years.

In the last one alone, I have noticed that I have learned something new about you every day. It's like gazing up at the stars that I know so much about. It feels familiar, but every night, something changes, making it hard to look away.

We are very different people, very different, lovely. I know you know what I mean. We are very different people than who we are, specially me when I'm around everyone. But we are now a familiar constellation shaped by destiny and time in the consciousness of our respective houses as two individuals, always together but never stuck.

You have asked me countless of times why you love me and I, the same. You'll curl up towards me, looking up at me, expecting that the perfect answer would roll out of my lips, but I could never truly explain it to you.

I love you because you are true to who you are. Sometimes, a little stubbornly because how emotional you get about the people around us who once tried to tear us apart, how their happiness is a priority in your everyday, how bothered you get by their opinions yet still believe that we belong together.

I love you because you make me feel all the unearthly feelings and inspires me to be the best at absolutely everything I try. You pulled me out of the shadows of the darkness, lovely. I love you that at the end of the day, whatever it may be, we will take care of it together. Mostly I love you because you're a work in progress.

Today, I vow to you that we will always be a work in progress, an unfinished book that just won't end, one that has to be nurtured more, filled with cute little baby Malfoys like Dylan, running around the house, world-traveling, binge-reading, ridiculous fights, passionate and warm kisses, daily adventures of the mundane, never-ending story.

Sometimes we will close our book, sitting up, sitting over it in one of our moments of shared silence, comforted by the warmth of our embrace.