Chapter Twenty-nine

a u r o r a  f o r s y t h e

As expected, we are not allowed to leave Hogwarts for Christmas for some safety reasons. That means to say, George's plan to have a date with me is a fail. Nevertheless, Gryffindors has Plan B.

Since we are not allowed to leave the castle, we set up a party exclusively for Gryffindors only. We decorated the Common Room with banners of different colors, confetti, colorful balloons, and of course we have foods, different Christmas dishes and drinks to quench our thirst.

We kept it as a secret to avoid punishments. We want to enjoy it as if it's the last Christmas with them as one family. Everyone's scattered around, covering the room with Muffliato to avoid from being heard outside.

People have gathered, creating inaudible buzzing with excitement, cheerfully celebrating Christmas despite of the fact that we've been through so much this year.

I was sitting in the corner, eating turkey sandwiches and drinking Thestral Sweat Beer. I couldn't enjoy the party knowing I have so much dilemmas to think and I am so problematic about it because it concerns my future.

The last time I celebrated Christmas was at Malfoy fucking Manor. Looking back, I was so happy that night. The last night I felt complete, genuinely happy before I broke into millions of pieces.

Well, I kept thinking about this quote I've read in a Muggle magazine that says "They always say follow your heart. But what if your heart is shattered into countless pieces, which piece would you follow?"

My mind is full of notion about this but the thought died when Ginny approached me.

"Happy Christmas, Aurora." Ginny greeted while flashing a weak smile.

"Happy Christmas too, Gin." I replied, smiling back as I grab my third glass of Thestral Sweat Beer that's resting on top of the table.

Ginny saw how I aggressively drink the glass full of it, refilling it after I finish the whole glass.

"Are you alright, Aurora?" she quizzed, whilst, sitting beside me, "Don't drink too much."

I can notice the flickering candles hanging on the walls, filling the room with lights.

"Of course I am, Gin." I nodded while tears started to roll down my cheek, "Let me ju- one sec. I have to catch some air."

I left Ginny and went out of the Common Room. I'm still holding the glass of beer in my hand, feeling dizzy as I strut out. I can see the walls tighten.

"Don't eat me." I cried, running crazily as I felt the walls around me compress, trying to devour me. I spin around as I hear footsteps coming towards me, causing my drink to spill along my dress.

"What are you doing here, loitering around the corridors in the middle of the night? You should get back to your dormitory."

My eyes aren't stable and I can see two Draco Malfoy in front of me, perfectly illuminating against the lights.

"Are you even listening?"

I felt my blood rush to face... And the stuffs I ate but I swallowed it back.

"I'm having fun; can't you see?" I giggled sarcastically, "Are you concerned of my safety?" I queried as I walk closer to him, drawing circles in his chest as I notice his eyes, slowly examining my body while I grab his collar. "Missed me?" I asked once more, shifting my emotions from happy to tearful, "Did you miss me?"

I sat on the cold grounds with my legs sprawled over in 'w' shape with my glass of beer completely spilled while he's in front of me, crouched, gently brushing my hair with his bare hands.

"Are you drunk?" he asked curiously while a smile started to grew in his face.

"Am I?" I replied, closing my eyes, "Of course I missed you." I said softly flashing a smile with my eyes still closed. "But the missing is over now, innit? Because I'm with you now. But I'm mad at you. Why did you lie to me?" I quizzed groggily while sobbing as I punch his chest weakly while he started laughing beneath his breath.

I stood up and jumped behind his back.

"Do you still love me, Draco?" I asked behind his nape.

"Get back to your dormitory or you'll be punished." he uttered stiffly, "As a Head Boy, you should listen to me."

"But I'm going to the Astronomy Tower." I sniffed aggressively, "To reminisce our memories." I sniffed once more and I can still smell his fresh scent of subtlety although it's night time already. "If I can't go there alone, then be with me."

I pecked his nape, causing his body to create goosebumps.

"Fine." he cleared his throat, "Just for an hour."

I know he wouldn't resist me. I closed my eyes for a little bit as I feel his proud strutting to where I told him I want to go; to the Astronomy Tower.

"We're here, Aurora." he interrupted after a few moments of silence.

I jumped off his back causing me to stumble down, given that I was tipsy, probably drunk. He offered his hand but I refused to accept it. I walked towards the railings and gaze at the beauty of the skies.

He sat on the nearest slab, staring at me from behind.

Stars filled the skies like crystals. It was the promise of life, to bring light into darkness, a sense of warmth springing from the coldness of December.

Stars lit up the night skies like tiny snowflakes, yet appear still like an old rock. I smiled, feeling the wind blow my hair as I glance to where Draco was resting, still watching me.

I walked unstable towards him and sat. Another cold breeze blew that made him pull me closer to his body. Even if I'm drunk and numb right now, I can still feel his hard chest pressing against my back with his arms around my shoulders.

"I've missed this." I murmured softly, giggling as I try to swallow the lump that's starting to build in my throat. "I've missed you so much, Draco. And it hurts me when you told me I was nothing to you. Nothing but a sex slave." I laughed softly, slowly tearing up, "I remember your touch so well. I remember how you used to stare at me. You're my knight in shining armor." I resumed while I started to poke his soft cheeks as I move away from his arms.

I can hear how heavy he breathes.

"You're always here to save my day because you love me." I moved my face closer to him, creating an unbreakable eye contact, "And you can't convince me you never thought about that too." I placed his hands on my waists, "You used to tickle me here, play with me, make me laugh," I sighed, "as if we're the only person left in this vast universe." I muttered weakly and paused for a moment then resumed, "Say it, Draco... That you miss me too. That you love me still."

Tears covered my eyes as I lean my body closer and closer and closer to his face until there's less than an inch left. He remained silent but his breathing is ragged and heavy while his eyes are softened yet miserable, giving me a sign that he misses me too.

I pressed my lips against his, creating an electric shock in our bodies when all of a sudden, all of our memories started to flash back.

He moved away, breathing heavily and replied, "Not anymore, Aurora." he replied coldly, straightforward that made my heart skip a beat.

I was in a state of shock and numbness and pain. My expectations are far too high.

I didn't know that being in love can be this painful if I am not sure that the love is mirrored the same way in the one I love. I want to come home but I am not sure if he is still my home.

Suddenly there was a ginger boy, approaching towards our direction and threw a fist on Draco's face.

"Taking advantage of a drunk girl, huh?" seethed George, "Come now, Aurora. You shouldn't be here." he added softly as he carries me on his arms.

I glanced back to where Draco is sitting and he's gone.