Chapter Fifty-three

aurora forsythe

I wasn't able to sleep peacefully last night. My mind screams the truth, whole truth about my past. I woke up with no George beside me, as expected. Sweating, panting, shaking in fear from a horrifying nightmare.

I ran a hand through my hair, trying to even out my breaths and slowly counted to ten while attempting to slow down my breathing pattern.

My cheeks were damped and that's when I realized I was crying in my sleep. No matter what I do, the nightmares always seem to find their way back into my sleep, and kept on getting worse because of what seems to be endless thoughts to take in.

As soon as those mundane and special memories are proven wrong in the way that George replaced my memories of Draco, I would wholeheartedly forgive him.

He was after all a friend, my friend. I couldn't afford to lose him, too. And my heart's open to accept him with no doubt.

Pushing back the tears, I continued trying to calm myself down. I knew my sleep was now futile.

Once I was calm, I hesitantly stood from the bed and pushed open the curtains of my room. I winced, snapping my eyes shut to avoid the bright morning sunlight from burning my eyes.

I gently opened them again, letting myself adjust to the brightness. It looked to be about half past seven in the morning. I drew in a deep breath and prepared myself for another day.

Maybe today I will find the courage to face my forgotten Draco.

As I march down the stairs, careful not create a creaking sound, I glanced over at George who was sleeping peacefully in the couch. After the conversation we had last night, he left the house and came back really late, reeking with beer.

I should've just talked to him nicely instead of snarling like a bitch. I should be grateful to him for taking good care of me despite the lies he had made to protect me.

I decided to take a shower.

A long, warm bath, perhaps.

I undressed the clothes that wraps my soul and threw them in the laundry basket by the door.

I twisted and turned on the water and put it in the warmest setting possible that was bearable by my skin.

As I stepped into the bathtub for two, I forcibly exhaled, wishing it is as easy as it seems to suck in the truth.

The warm water flowed all over my body like a river as my hair got heavier due to the water coming out of the retractable shower head.

I pumped fruit scented shampoo in my hand. My hands started massaging my scalp with the foamy substance then let it sink in.

And I sobbed.

I dropped my head on the edge of the tub and cried in pain.

This was our baby.

Draco and I's baby.

What more lies do I have to learn myself?

What else have I forgotten?

Grow a life with Draco, maybe that's what I'm always dreaming about before I lost it all.

Maybe that's what my future tells, our future awaits. To raise this child with a complete, happy family.

But for now, I just want to stay here, lying on the water and cry.

Because that's how I truly feel right now and I can't lie to myself.