Chapter Twenty-four

a u r o r a f o r s y t h e

"I can sense you're lonely." George murmured as we sit on the couch as he swipes away the strands of hair that tickles my face. "I can fix that." he added, whilst, lifting my chin and slowly moved his face forward.

"Sorry, George. I couldn't do this now." I pronounced softly, avoiding his eye contact by looking at the floor.

"I will wait for you, Aurora." he beamed and walk away.

"Hey, Georgie," I called, "Tomorrow, I'll travel back to Hogwarts with Ginny."

I don't know where I pulled the nerve to call him 'Georgie' after all I did to him.

I'll stay at Hogwarts for the rest of the remaining days of our vacation. I couldn't allow myself to go home and show up after what happened.

For sure they're worried about me; my family, and for sure Mr. and Mrs. Weasley told my parents that I am staying with them.

-

Months ticked away, Hogwarts became more and more terrifying. From a safe and happy wonderland, it turned out to be horrifying.

I laid on my bed, staring blankly at the broken ceiling above me. I just realized what Malfoy did to me. Yes, Malfoy. Back at it again, the last name terms.

The last time I spoke to him was when he told me he was a Death Eater. He knew I despise them and now they're hunting Harry and wanted him alive and surrender him to the Dark Lord.

What made me realize that I am foolish is that I am in love with a Death Eater and I still am and it keeps on reminding me every day the mistakes I have done and that I am stupid.

I don't know what I did to deserve a life like this.

Hermione's bed is untouched, filled with dust and spider webs. I miss them so much, wishing they're fine. Ginny, on the other side is still waiting for Harry's return.

Lately, Ginny is acting odd but we couldn't blame her for acting like that. Sometimes I will see her staring at the window, tearing silently. She is brave, yes, but we couldn't blame her right now because her Harry is missing.

Sometimes, she's thinking about hexing Professor Snape or getting back the Sword of Gryffindor, but clearly, she thought of those things to help Harry.

As days creep by, my motivation in wearing my uniform kept getting lower and lower. I don't even see the purpose of my life.

I mean, this isn't the life I used to live and imagine for the past years I have spent here. I couldn't even vent out my problems knowing that my friends have bigger problems than I have.

Ginny polished the plan of getting back the Sword of Gryffindor and it's about to happen today.

We are waiting for Professor Snape to leave his office and we had been observing the possible patterns of time he's gone for weeks now.

We ran forward after Ginny, exploring our eyes around just in case someone saw us or just in case Professor Snape is walking around as his black robes sweep the floor dramatically.

Ginny triumphantly smiled as we got in successfully inside Professor Snape's office, formerly Professor Dumbledore's and it's quite huge with displayed collections of different artefacts, moving portraits of probably the former Headmasters of Hogwarts, and many more interesting instruments.

"There it is!" exclaimed Ginny excitedly while pointing her fingers into the glass case that is holding the Sword of Gryffindor, shining, sparkling, and undeniably magnificent. "Reducto." she uttered that made the glass cabinet shatter into pieces, creating loud noise as it falls into the ground.

"That's impressive, Ginny!" Neville complimented with amazement.

I was also impressed of how determined she is on helping her Harry.

"How exactly are we going to get that?" I queried curiously, "Should we use Summoning Charm or should we get it manually?" I suggested.

"Give me a chair." she ordered and Neville did so. Ginny climbed on top of the chair and reached for the Sword of Gryffindor.

"I think we should go." uttered Luna softly while sneaking her head outside the door while I nodded my head, showing I agree.

"Reparo." Ginny casted, repairing the broken shards of glasses like a brand new one.

How I wish Reparo could fix my broken heart right now.

Ginny hid the sword under her cloak, creating a huge bump on her body while she climbs down the chair as we all sprint away out of the Headmaster's Office. We hurriedly exited the door but there's someone coming.

"What do you think you are doing? Wandering the corridors instead of studying." seethed Professor Snape who is dramatically strutting towards our direction. "What is that? Is that the-"

Ginny interrupted, "It's the Sword of Gryffindor. We're taking it back... to give it back to the rightful owner, Harry."

"Detention for all of you." Professor Snape replied furiously, eyebrows furrowed.

My palms are sweaty while my heart beats fast. All we did was to take back what was Harry's and he is telling us we should be put into a detention?

"Excuse me, Professor," a familiar voice barged in, "I need someone to clean the Potions Classroom."